xviii

A/N: PLEASE REREAD. CHANGES WERE MADE
LEAH;
It was the next day.

Yesterday when dad picked me up, he gave me a long lecture on being careful. I saw it coming the minute I got into the car, but it was entertaining.

I told him he didn't have to worry about it, and said that I'd handle it. He didn't really buy my words but the rest of the evening passed with us eating dinner that he (thankfully) didn't burn.

After that I went to bed and told myself over and over that I wasn't going to let anyone get in the way of me pursuing my basketball dreams. I had to do this for my mother.

I woke up this morning feeling energized like I could take down the whole world. I know the world was a bit much but the boys that were taunting me would do just the same.

When I walked into the first class to face Jungkook and Kaito, I didn't hesitate to throw them a friendly smile... along with pushing my old pair of glasses up my nose.

I smirked to myself when I saw their faces drop at my state. I was completely unaffected and it bugged them to the core.

They knew they had to try harder... or just give up.

But I could care less. If they wanted to play like that then I'll let them try their best. But nothing is going to make me quit on their terms.

Throughout the whole day I could feel Jungkook's glare. I ignored him and his buddies the whole day, occasionally throwing Jimin and Taehyung a friendly smile.

I was a bitch but not to the people I liked.

It was now practice time, we just finished stretching as I looked around. I stretched my arms some more as I counted the boys.

Four more were gone today as I smirked.

Coach Bang blew his whistle to gain our attention, "Alright. Let's get started"

———

Before I knew it half of practice has already gone by. Coach Bang was really working us to the bone.

We started with simple bouncing drills, then he started incorporating workout equipment and more balls into it.

Like we'd bounce two balls while balancing on a bosu, and sometimes Bang or Sejin would come over and have us lose our balance by saying something or lightly pushing us.

We did what seemed like a thousand different drills with basketballs that our arms and legs were aching.

Right after Bang announced that we were done with drills, he added that we were doing one more.

We all groaned as he smiled at our wrecked and tired forms. Jungkook led as I stood behind Taehyung.

He told us to form a line under the main hoop we used to stretch at.

"Stay in line!" coach exclaimed, "And follow the person in front of you"

First we did a defensive slide to the first corner, then from there we sprinted to half court, did a second defensive slide to the middle, then five line jumps, sprinted to the side, back-peddled to the opposite baseline, a third defensive slide down the line, stop under the hoop to do five rebound jumps, then a fourth defensive slide, and finally a sprint to finish off.

By the end we were all dead. Our thighs were burning, our legs were shaking and we were out of breath.

He finally gave us a five minute break to make our suffering less terrible. I walked over to my stuff on the bleachers and sat down.