x

LEAH;
I walked into the kitchen to see my dad with his favorite apron on that had, 'I didn't wash my hands', in the middle.

I stopped, "Oh no,"

"I can hear you, you know?" He said as I gave him an uneasy smile. I walked over to the island and sat in front of him.

"So, what are you burning- I mean... cooking today?" I asked with a smile so he wouldn't question my slip up.

It seemed to work because a smile began to inch on his face,

"Well, I was thinking that we should have some homemade Korean barbecue for dinner tonight to celebrate our first week of living here"

I hummed and watched as he read labels on oils and put them in a bowl. He added in the spices and garlic then mixed it.

It smelt sweet and spicy, our two favorite things.

I noticed the meat and smiled. Even when my dad was known to destroy or mess things up, I loved it when he always tried and proved people wrong.

I knew this dish was going to turn out perfect.

I continued to watch as he set out the green onions, pear and an onion.

"Can you get a cutting board for me?" He asked as I got off my seat and grabbed two, one for him and one for me.

He smiled as I set them down. I loved helping my dad with anything, he always taught me new things.

I washed my hands and stood beside him. He handed me a knife and the pear before I began cutting.

"Beautiful," he complimented my cutting technique, "Who taught you how to cut like that?"

I chuckled and shrugged, "I don't know, some guy"

He chuckled as I set the cut pear beside him so he could add it into the mixture.

I walked over to the sink with the cutting board and knife. I set them in and washed my hands and walked over to sit back down.

When I sat down the doorbell rang. I groaned and stood up again, "I got it,"

As I walked over to the door the ringing became more repetitive.

Who could it be?

I opened the door to see no one, until I looked down. It was Junsu, and he was wearing basketball shorts and a t-shirt.

"H-hello noona" He blushed as I smiled. He actually wants to learn to play basketball, I kinda thought he'd forget but I guess not.

"Hey-"

"Get back here you little shit!" I heard another voice whisper-yell as I looked up again.

It was the guy who always stared at me. He stopped and looked at me with wide eyes,

"L-Leah?"

I awkwardly waved, I didn't know his name yet. I know Seon-Mi told me but I couldn't seem to remember.

"Jungkook! Watch your mouth!" Another voice scolded, but this time it was a female.

Ah, it's Jungkook, I'll have to remember that, or not.

I looked up to see an older woman, she was no doubt their mom, holding a Tupperware. I smiled as Junsu stared up at me with a grin on his face.

"Hello, we're your next door neighbors. It's so nice to see new faces," She smiled and brung out her hand for me to shake, "My name is Jeon Eun-Ae and these are my boys... Junsu and Jungkook"

I smiled and shook her hand, "Hello. It's nice to meet you too. My name is Kim Leah" we let go as she smiled.

"My noona," Junsu said before clinging to my legs. I giggled and ruffled his hair.

"Well, I can see someone likes you already" she said as I smiled and looked down at the younger boy.

I looked up to see Jungkook scowling at his little brother and their mom staring at me with a sad smile on her face.

"Sorry," she said and wiped her eyes as tears seemed to form, "You just reminded me of someone from a long time ago" she smiled as I gave her a small smile.

I didn't mean to make her sad even if I wasn't the person I reminded her of.

"Leahhhh," my dad called out in a broken sing-song voice as Junsu and his mom chuckled.

He came over, "Who's at the door?" He got a look at our neighbors and smiled.

"Oh hello, I'm Namjoon, Leah's dad" he introduced and shook hands with Junsu's mom and older brother.

"Eun-Ae" she smiled, "and my two sons, Jungkook and Junsu. We live just next door and we brought you cookies" she handed him the Tupperware.

"Oh, thank you" My dad said as I smiled in return.

"I can see that you both were cooking so we'll take our leave now" she grabbed her youngests hand but he resisted.

"Mom, can I stay and play with noona for a bit? Kookie never plays with me but she will" he pleaded before clinging to my legs and giving his mom puppy eyes.

"I play with you," Jungkook muttered and rolled his eyes at his brothers action before walking away.

Mrs. Jeon looked at me for confirmation as I nodded with a smile. I actually enjoyed Junsu's presence.

"Ok fine," she said as he cheered. Dad chuckled and ruffled his hair, "I'll be back later to take him home" she waved and left.

Dad invited Junsu into the house as he looked around. I bet a new atmosphere really wow'd him.

"Last week you said you were going to teach me how to play basketball, are you really going to?" He asked as I nodded.

"Can we right now?" He asked as I smiled. He really wants to learn.

"Yes," I said and walked with him towards the backyard. I handed him my basketball and he ran to the court with it.

"I'll call you guys in when dinners ready," dad said as I nodded and caught up with Junsu.

"So let's start with dribbling,"