xi

LEAH;
The second to last bell of the day rang as I got my stuff together. I put them in my bag and headed towards my new math class.

I was kinda excited, I had that class with Taehyung. During the weekend I've gotten closer with him and Seon-Mi.

I'm lucky to have them both as my friends.

I walked into the class and entered, Calculus. It wasn't my favorite subject but I happened to be very good at it.

The room was loud and everyone seemed to know each other well.

I saw Taehyung and he saw me as well. He wore a big grin and waved, I waved back and walked up to the teachers desk.

Just like last week I introduced myself to him and he did as well. His name was Mr. Yoon.

Awhile into conversation he complimented me like Mrs. Soo, he was impressed of my test scores and my grades.

I smiled in return, it was flattering but my mind was somewhere else. I was thinking about the preseason.

"You can take a seat beside... Taehyung" he said and looked forward, I followed his gaze.

I smiled, I was actually going to be sitting beside a person I knew. As I saw Taehyung, I caught the glimpse of my neighbor.

He was giving me a glare, it was amazing how different him and his little brother were.

I smiled at Mr. Yoon and nodded. I kept my eyes on the floor as I made my way to my new seat, I could feel his eyes burning into me.

It ended as I passed him and pulled out my chair and set my bag on the floor before taking my seat beside Taehyung.

"Hey Leah," Tae smiled.

"Hello Tae," I said as his cheeks turned red. I could still feel Jungkook's eyes on me.

"Good luck in this class. Mr. Yoon can be a real hardass" Tae said as I giggled.

"He seems ok so far, he told me that he was impressed of my transcripts so that's a good sign" I said as he nodded.

"Don't be fooled Ms. Kim, he may seem nice now but deep down I know he won't hesitate to fail you in a heartbeat" he responded as I rolled my eyes.

"Maybe Mr. Kim, but the future is inevitable. So, we'll see" I said and smiled as he shook his head.

"I think I'm starting to like you already Leah" he ended as I rolled my eyes and the bell rang.

I looked around to see almost everyone in their seats, waiting for the new lesson to start.

"Good afternoon class" The teacher Mr. Yoon spoke. He seemed tired, like he didn't want to be here.

And I didn't blame him.

"Today we're going to learn a new lesson" He lazily cheered before rolling his eyes and turned his projector on.

I hummed to myself when I caught sight of the chapter, I already learned this back in America. I unzipped my bag and got out my notebook, placing it on my desk along with a pencil.

Throughout the lesson I took notes even when I didn't have to.

It soon finished and Mr. Yoon started to pass out papers starting in the front, "Here is the homework"

It started making its way back until Jungkook had them. He held onto them a while longer until I spoke up.

"Are you going to pass them back or..." I trailed off as he held them over his head. I reached for them until he dropped the papers.

"Nice Jungkook," Taehyung rolled his eyes as he just shrugged.

I sighed and got out of my seat to pick them up. I picked them up and passed the remaining papers back.

I cursed him in my head and sat back in my seat while I worked on the paper with the remaining time we had left.

———

Mr. Yoon walked around passing out the graded work that students finished early, Taehyung and I being two of those people.

He handed Tae's paper out earlier and he got two wrong. He whined and worked on it more.

Our teacher came over to our desk and set my paper down, "Good work Ms. Pak" he smiled as I did as well.

"Ha," I said to Taehyung as he rolled his eyes.

I put the paper in my Stephen Curry folder and placed it in my bag along with my notebook.

The last bell of the day rang as I zipped up my bag and stood up from my desk.

Taehyung was already waiting for me, as I put on my backpack.

"You ready?" He asked as I nodded. We both walked out into the hallway and to my locker.

As we made our way I couldn't help but start to get excited. I'm actually going to be playing and practicing for the team.

"Tae!" We heard someone shout from the other end. We both turned and saw Jungkook and the other 'popular' people.

He groaned and turned to me, "Uh, I got to go but I'll see you tomorrow"

I smiled, "I understand. Go" I said as he gave me a small smile and jogged towards his friends.

I turned and continued to my locker. Once I got to I put in the combination and opened it. I only had a few textbooks and supplies in there that I didn't need to carry, along with my practice bag.

I held onto it as I closed my locker door shut and made sure it was locked before walking away. I remembered there was a restroom by the gym so I made my way there.

I entered the restroom and walked into a big stall. I set my practice bag on the floor and my school bag on the hanger thing.

I started to undress, replacing my white and yellow striped t-shirt with a dark grey long sleeve Nike shirt.

I took off my black skinny jeans next and slipped on a pair of black spandex and my elite basketball shorts.

I then slipped on some white nike socks before putting my vans back on. I hated walking from other places to the gym in my basketball shoes.

It was like bad luck to me and I didn't need any of that in my life right now.