xiii

JUNGKOOK;
I touched the last line and turned around to sprint back. Once I looked up, I saw Leah pass the line.

Sejin smiled and gave her a high five because she finished first.

I growled, I always finished first. I was the fastest one on the team, she really needs to go.

I passed the line and kneeled over to catch my breath. I caught a peek of Leah to see her unaffected of the ten suicides we just did.

Was she even human?

A minute later everyone finished then coach started walking over to us.

"Alright good practice guys, I've seen a lot of good stuff today. Now, go home, get some rest and be ready for tomorrow" He smiled, "Bring it in"

We all got closer together with me in the middle because I always lead the team break. We chanted the school name and went our separate ways.

I saw Leah walk off to her bag before sitting down and started to take off her shoes. I took my seat which was near her and untied mine as well.

I looked up to see one of my juniors, Huening Kai, walking up to her as I scowled. I didn't want anyone getting comfortable with her just yet.

"Hey" he spoke as she looked up, "My name is Huening Kai,"

She smiled, "Kim Leah"

"I-I know" He blushed as I silently scoffed, "I hope you make the team... I mean we... hope you make the team"

Kai looked to the side as Leah followed his gaze. They were both looking at the others; Yeonjun, Soobin, Beomgyu, and Taehyun.

The guys waved as Leah giggled and waved back. He turned back to her and smiled.

"You were pretty good today and I'm looking forward to playing with you once season starts" he blushed as she smiled.

"I look forward to playing with you guys too, but... we'll see" she smiled as he nodded.

"I'll see you tomorrow," Kai said as she waved.

"Bye,"

After Kai left she smiled to herself and continued to take off her shoes. Awhile later she stood up and put her bags on, then walked past us while sending a wink to Taehyung.

He blushed and walked away as I rolled my eyes.

As soon as she was out of sight everyone started talking at once.

"Damn, shes hot" Kaito said from beside me.

I had to agree that she was very attractive, but what the hell was she doing on the court with us?

Leah did NOT belong here.

"Coach, what is she doing playing with us?" I shouted over to him.

Bang looked up from his clipboard and slowly made his way over to where we were, which was starting to get hot from all the body heat.

"Kim Leah is one hell of a good basketball player and there's no girls team. So, I told her she could try out"

I didn't hold back my laugh, "You can't be serious!"

He looked me dead in the eyes with the most serious face he could muster, "I am one hundred percent serious. Not only is she better than half of you, but she hustles and doesn't complain. I could use about ten of her on this team"

"I could think about ten different ways I could use her," Kaito chuckled underneath his breath.

Coach Bang must've heard him because he took a menacing step forward and pointed straight at him, "There will be none of that silly teenage hormonal stuff going on. If she's on the team, consider her as one of the guys and not a potential girlfriend. You hear me?"

Wait-

"So you're already considering her being on team?! Coach! Come on, she's a girl" I complained.

"Leah is earning her spot fair and square" He replied.

I couldn't believe it. After three years of busting my ass to get a great team together to finally go to nationals, it was all going to fall apart my senior year. She's going to ruin our team by distracting everyone.

All of us players grew up together and played ball all throughout our younger years. We have chemistry that other teams wish they had.

Now it's all going to go to waste because there wasn't a girls basketball team.

How could coach Bang do this to us?

To me?

"Now go and shower and get a good nights sleep tonight. Tomorrow I'm only going to push you harder."

Grumbling, I grabbed my stuff and followed Jimin into the locker room. Taehyung was already changing for his shower when I stomped in. He was our starting shooting guard, and a hell of a good one.

Taehyung and Jimin are my best friends hands down, and Kaito, along with the other guys were cool.

"She's pretty good, isn't she?" Taehyung asked.

I didn't answer him. No matter how good she was, she didn't belong on the court with us.

"Oh come on, she's pretty cool too. I have a couple of classes with her. I don't think she'll cause-"

"What?! Are you in love with her or something?" I snapped.

Taehyung always avoided conflict as much as possible when we grew up, so I wasn't surprised when he walked off towards the showers without answering me.

I didn't care if she was cool, or the best damn basketball player on the court, she doesn't belong on this team.

"What are you going to do?" Kaito asked beside me.

I smirked,

"I'm going to make her life a living hell for stepping on my court"