xix

LEAH;
The next morning came around and so far, it wasn't going too well.

First, I woke up a bit later than usual because I forgot to set my alarm.

Second, I almost forgot to pack my practice Jersey which nearly resulted in me not practicing because of Bang's rules.

Third, I had to walk to school because dad left earlier for his first day of work.

And fourth, I arrived at school two and a half hours late.

Now, I'm walking to my first class of the day which is the third hour, that was already half way through.

As I walk down the stairs, I hear footsteps coming up as well. I look up and stop when I see Kaito and two of his friends in front of me.

"Hey cupcake," Kaito says with a smirk. He lifts his hand and cups my chin, "Guys look, it's the princess of the court"

I smack his hand away and turn around to walk back down the stairs until one of his friends block my path.

They all corner me as I stare at Kaito with a glare.

"Are you gonna do something?" He asks, he nods his head as one of his friends rip my bag off of my shoulder.

I watch as he unzips it and spills everything onto the floor.

"Quit the team," Kaito says as he steps closer to me, "Stay away from the gym... stay away from us".

His other friend pushes me to the wall as I gasp in pain.

'Us', Kaito meant Taehyung and Jimin, my friends.

I wanted to say something but he walked away, kicking my folder that held most of my schoolwork. His friends walked behind him as I watched them.

I leaned against the wall and tried to calm myself down.

I sighed and kneeled down to pick up my school stuff, I couldn't help but let my eyes water.

I sniffled as I zipped up my bag after filling it back up. I wiped my eyes and stood up before looking in the direction they walked towards.

They're not going to stop me.

———

The rest of the day passed by just as it started, bad.

I missed a test during physics which I had to take during lunch, almost bombed it, and it also resulted in me starving the rest of the school day.

Kaito and his friends from practice kept taunting me. They would push me in the hallways during passing periods, knock my things off my desk in class and pick on me during lectures.

In my last hour, Jungkook dropped a big stack of papers that were being passed back and I had to pick them up with no help from him and reorganize them.

But it shouldn't be bad anymore because it's basketball time. My favorite time of the day.

Wrong.

I walk towards the restroom that I use to get changed and pull, only to realize that it's locked and I'm too far from another restroom.

I sighed and walked the opposite way I came from to hell... I mean the girl's locker room.

There were already a lot of girls coming in and out. As I walked by I saw most of them give me weirded out looks.

They were probably wondering why I was there, I didn't blame them though. I would've asked myself the same thing.

I walked in and looked for an empty spot, I found one in the back corner.

I set my bag on the metal bench and opened it. I started to undress.

I first replaced my bralette with a sports bra and decided last minute not to wear an undershirt and put on my jersey instead.

I decided that it was a maroon kind of practice day.

I took off my pants next and slipped on black spandex and my elite basketball shorts.

I then slipped on some white nike socks before putting on my vans. I already enough bad luck today, I didn't need anymore.

I put on my school bag and held my practice bag and started walking towards the doors before I was stopped, of course.

"Look at this wannabe," I knew that voice all too well.

Lisa, the 'queen' of the school.

I turned around and faced her, only for the smirk on her face to drop.

"That's a boys basketball practice jersey, what are you doing wearing it?" She asked.

"I'm trying out" I answered boredly before leaving.

I walked towards the gym and stopped outside of the doors. A shiver ran down my spine when I thought back to what happened with Kaito.

I took a deep breath and exhaled, no one can stop me from playing the sport I love.

I opened the doors and walked in. I noticed Kaito and his friends stop what they were doing. I walked past them and headed towards my regular spot.

I sat down and noticed from the corner of my eye that Kaito and his friends were about to walk towards me until I saw my savior's approach me.

Taehyung and Jimin sat beside me.

"Hey," they both said as I smiled.

"Hey guys," I replied.

I tried to subtly look back at Kaito and saw them back off, Kaito caught my eye as he stared at me with a smirk.

I knew he wasn't done with taunting me.

"Don't mind him," Taehyung said as he played with the hem of his jersey, "He's just scared that you're going to take his spot"

"But I am," I said as I put on my basketball shoes.

"Of course you are, it's just that... his father was a highly respected basketball player when he came here and he wants Kaito to follow in his footsteps" Jimin spoke.

My mother was too.

"Where's his father now?" I asked.

"He's overseas now, that's why Kaito is acting how he is. His father is a big business man and he's expanding his business in other countries. He's almost never home which makes Kaito act up" Taehyung answers, "His dad is not here to reprimand him and no one dares to snitch. He's pretty hardcore, I almost feel bad for Kaito"

I look back at Kaito and see him staring at me, he puckers his lips and blows a kiss in my direction then smirks.

"You feel bad?" I repeat with sarcasm laced in my voice then scoff.