vi

LEAH;
The first four hours of the day continued to drag on and lunch finally rolled around. Seon-Mi found me and escorted me to the cafeteria where it was already crowded.

"So, how are you liking Nonhyeon-dong so far?" She asked as we walked with our trays to an empty table.

There were a lot of cliques at this school.

"It's going fine, I just really want to get the rest of the school year over with" I said truthfully.

"Same," she sighed and broke apart her chopsticks before digging into her food.

I followed her movements and slurped my noodles. The food here is better than the crap lunch food in America, I'm impressed.

We both began talking about our day when our conversation was rudely interrupted.

The cafeteria doors burst open and a group of people came walking in, wow, extra much?

Seon-Mi looked and rolled her eyes, "The kings and queen of the school" she said.

I didn't bother looking, nothing like that really stuck out to me. I didn't really care.

In the corner of my eye I saw them all sit down at a table beside us and talk. Seon-Mi looked and turned away, faster than anything else.

She almost got a concussion this morning and whiplash just now.

"Oh gosh, he's staring at you" She whispered, I didn't see why she needed to. The cafeteria was pretty loud itself.

I just shrugged and continued on with eating my lunch. These delicious noodles seemed to have taken over my full attention.

"Leah! Did you hear me?" She asked.

"Seon-Mi" I let out a dry chuckle, "I don't care, let him look" I said as she frowned.

"He isn't just looking, he's staring... at you" she tried to get me to look. I looked up to her with an unamused face.

She leaned her head to where they're sitting as I looked. I noticed it was the guy that tripped me.

What is up with the look he's giving me? He was most definitely staring but I rolled my eyes and looked back at Seon-Mi.

"Cool" I simply said and drank my tea.

"Leah, you don't understand. The Jeon Jungkook is staring at you" she said as I shrugged and checked the time.

I had an appointment with the sports director in a few minutes. I wanted to talk to him about the girls basketball team.

I placed my chopsticks on the tray and put my backpack on.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"I have an appointment but I'll see you later" I said as she frowned but nodded.

I waved and picked up my tray, I felt the boys gaze on me when I threw my trash away and walked out of the cafeteria.

After I walked into the front office and told the lady I was meeting with Mr. Sung, she made me sit at the waiting area.

Not soon later my name was called and I followed Mr. Sung into his office. I sat down at the chair in front of his desk as he handed me the sports catalog.

"Kim Leah... as in Kim Ryah? Aren't you her daughter?" Mr Sung asked as I nodded and looked through the catalog.

"Man, I remember her" He spoke and leaned back cockily in his desk chair, "Class president all throughout her years of school, a heartthrob, every girls' role model... the MVP of basketball"

I could hear the hatred in his voice. I looked up at him as he looked at me with a smirk. 

"It's a shame that she didn't pursue basketball after college, she could've made a name for herself, but nope" he smiled, "she got pregnant instead"

"Yeah, and remind me how things are going for you?" I asked and looked back down at the paper, I could see his smile fade, "You make a teachers salary, you wear matching tracksuits, and you still hold grudges against people who moved on"

It goes quiet as I smile inwardly, I see every sport except for the one I had my heart set out on.

"Where's girls basketball?" I asked as I looked through the list of sports for the hundredth time.

"There isn't a girls team" Mr. Sung snorted trying to stifle his obvious snicker.

"Why not?" I asked, starting to feel mad.

"Take a look around. Most girls around here want nothing to do with sports, all of their dreams are set on becoming an idol" he said as I rolled my eyes.

"Well I'm not like most girls," I mumbled as I looked down at the paper in front of me. One line caught my sight.

Boys basketball

"I'll try out for the boys team then" I said as he tried to hold in his laughter, his face turning red.

I gave him a blank and cold stare as he tried to calm down.

"Ms. Kim, boys basketball is for boys... only. I'm sure they wouldn't want a girl on the team" he said as I felt steam exit my ears.

"And why not? Why can't a girl with a big passion for basketball not tryout for the boys team?" I asked.

"Well, for starters... The boys on Coach Bang's team have been together for years, and he can be a bit tough on them" He spoke arrogantly, "You can try but I don't think you'll get very far"

I smiled and he gave me a confused look, "I guess I'll just have to find out for myself then"

I gathered my bag and stood up, "Thank you for taking time out of your day to see me Mr. Sung, I'll be seeing you again soon... when I'm on the boys basketball team"

I gave a lousy bow and left while he tried to stammer for a proper response. The door closed behind me as I sighed.

Fuck this school.