xv

JUNGKOOK;
I walked into the first class of the day and my eyes automatically search around for Leah. I don't see her and my shoulders automatically slump.

I do see Taehyung sitting with our closer group of friends in the back while the other players I had in this class sit together elsewhere.

A smirk makes its way onto my face when I remember the plan I came up with last night to get Leah off of my team.

It was going to be fun.

I drop the smirk from my face and sit down beside Taehyung. A couple minutes from the bell turned to seconds as the school day was getting ready to start.

I looked at Taehyung who was looking at the door as if he was having a staring contest with it. I scoffed, I already knew he was looking for her.

"Tae, can you stop? I'm sure she's not coming today. She's probably sore and tired from yesterday" I say as he frowned.

I took Leah as a weak little girl. She won't even last while she's with us. I'll give her a week until she personally quits.

"I honestly think she can make it. The team could really use her" He said still with his eyes trained on the door. I then rolled my eyes and shake my head.

I'm calling it now: I give her a week.

I looked at the rest of the players and they all had their gazes set on the door. C'mon, not them too.

As the last bell that signals the school day is starting, my smirk widens as our teacher closes her classroom door.

"Told ya," I say to Taehyung as he sighs in defeat.

Before I could revel in victory, the door is opened right before it fully closes and every player on the team automatically perks up.

Leah walks in and my jaw drops. She looked completely unaffected by yesterday's workouts.

She softly bows to our English teacher and apologizes for being late. Mrs. Soo smiles and gestures Leah to her seat.

Leah looks at us and lands her eyes on Taehyung. She winks and sits down in her seat.

I look at my best friend and see him totally affected by her act. His face turns red before he's hiding behind his green folder.

I grit my teeth and stare daggers at Leah. I need her off my team now.

LEAH;
"Alright ladies and gents, today you will be working in pairs!" Our physics teacher says in an excited but sarcastic tone.

Everyone groans as Taehyung and I both roll our eyes.

"Find a partner and work on problems one through eleven in the first chapter of your textbook" he adds and slumps back in his chair before opening a newspaper and sticking his face in it.

I chuckle and open my bag to retrieve my notebook. As I place it on the table, a physics textbook is slammed down in front of me.

I look up to see Kaito, he wears an annoying smirk on his face that made me want to gag.

"Hello Leah," he speaks as I sigh.

"Hey,"

I open my notebook on a blank page and get out a pencil, all while Kaito watches me.

"Want to be my partner?" He asks.

"Actually... Taehyung is my partner" I say as we both look to the boy beside me. Taehyung pauses mid-chew of his apple and looks at us.

I silently signal that I don't want to be with Kaito as his eyes widen. He wipes his mouth and nods.

"Yeah, sorry Kaito" Taehyung gives him a fake smile.

"Whatever," Kaito says before harshly taking his textbook and stomping back to his seat with his rude friends.

I turn to Taehyung who continues to eat his apple. He notices my gaze and looks at me before setting down his apple.

"What is it?" He asks as I smile.

"You're going to fill me in about everything basketball, right?" I ask. I wanted to know anything and everything.

Taehyung shrugged his shoulders as he looked over our problems, "What do you want to know?"

"Everything I don't know yet. The only thing I do know is that Jungkook is obviously the captain, you and Jimin are his support and you're starting shooting guard."

"Okay," Taehyung said and dove in at once.

He started by explaining how the team played as a whole and then he detailed who played what position.

Taehyung only informed me of the boys who played together since middle school. He was sure that everyone who played last year would make it.

There were fourteen players who played last year, there were five seniors, five juniors, and four sophomores. Taehyung also mentioned that there were three freshman that were guaranteed to make it on the team this year, making seventeen.

Jungkook was their starting point guard - one of the best players in the entire city. He had been captain since his sophomore year. Not only was Jungkook the teams star player, he was popular off the court as well.

Next was him, Jimin and another player named Hoseok.

"Wait, who's Hoseok?" I ask.

"Jung Hoseok is starting small forward. Last year he tore his ACL and he's still recovering. I'm not sure if he's going to try out again this year though" Taehyung frowns, "His injury really scared him that he avoids anything that deals with basketball, he doesn't even hang out with us anymore"

I frown as well until Tae smiles, "He would've made the team though, he's really fast and hyper. I'm sure you would've liked him" Taehyung informs as I give him a small smile.

"Alright, continue" I say as he obliges.

Taehyung told me he is starting shooting guard while Jimin is their center and Hoseok is the starting small forward. All four of them were starters during last years season along with a senior. And most importantly, all four of them have been best friends since before anyone could remember.

Kaito was a point guard but lately he's been slacking. It all started during the summer. Taehyung told me that he wasn't always rude, he once used to be nice and full of manners.

Next was Soobin, a junior that would surely make captain when he's a senior. He was shooting guard as well.

Taehyung also reminded me that Coach Bang only lets three PG's on his team so I had a lot of pressure weighing on myself.

Then there's the juniors, Yeonjun who is shooting guard, Soobin who is center, Kai who is power forward and Beomgyu and Taehyun who are small forwards. 

The sophomores, Heeseung who is center, Sunghoon who is power forward and Jay and Jake who are shooting guards.

Then finally the freshman, but only the ones that Taehyung was familiar with because they practiced during the summer with them, Sunoo who is a power forward, Ni-ki who is center and Jungwon, an incoming freshman who will possibly start as point guard.

I knew I would like all of them because most of them stood up for me yesterday.

Taehyung also didn't forget to mention how eager Jungkook was to get a championship title this year.

ND hasn't gone to nationals for championships or won one since 20XX. I smile at that. My mothers team was the last ones that won one while my uncle got runner-up.