iii

LEAH;
Before my dad told me we were moving here, he went and sent my transcripts to the nearest high school without asking me where I wanted to go first.

Rude, right?

So that's where we're at now, Joongdong High. We're currently sitting in the front office and I've never been more annoyed in my life.

I wish I was home and not here.

"Kim Leah" The head office lady called as we looked in her direction, "Mrs. Jeong will see you now"

Dad patted my knee before standing up. I hung my head low and sighed before following him.

We entered the principal's office and sat down in front of her. I could tell Mrs. Jeong noticed my annoyance because she quietly chuckled.

She introduced herself to my dad and I then got straight to business.

"So, we received Leah's transcripts..." Mrs. Jeong pursed her lips while looking at my dad.

I chuckled a bit, mainly out of nervousness, "What? Am I not fit for your school?"

She looked at me and shook her head, "You are... how do I put this?"

I gave her a confused yet impatient look.

"You are too smart to attend this school" she finished.

"What!?" I asked, completely shocked. I attended public school in the states!

"You've scored higher than anyone here on all of your tests from the previous year" she added and passed me a score sheet.

I looked at the paper in my hand then at my dad.

He was shocked, happy and proud.

"Leah will do no good here. We just offer the main core classes, she needs more..." she thought to herself, "Advanced studies"

Mrs. Jeong leaned to her side and opened a bottom drawer on her desk. She took out a big envelope and handed it to my dad.

'Nonhyeon-dong Honours High School Seoul' in big gold letters was written in the middle.

"I know the Headmaster there and I would be more than happy to give Leah a good word. I know it's not as advanced as 'Republic Of Korea Academy Seoul', but I could even write her a letter of recommendation as well if you'd like"

I looked at my dad, as he was already looking at me. "It's your choice," he told me.

I slumped back in my chair, I was majorly confused, Honours?

How could I be smarter than a whole school?

"Can we have a day to think this over?" Dad asked the principal nicely, making sure to show his dimples.

"Oh yes, of course," the principal smiled.

"We will come back soon with a decision" Dad smiled while he held my transcripts and the admission package for the school along with a couple brochures. I stayed quiet as they exchanged byes and we walked out of the school.

We both got in the car and it went silent,

"What the hell?!" I finally spoke.

Dad smiled, "I guess you do take after me after all"

We got home and told grandma. She was just as surprised as we were.

I stayed in my room to try and think it out as I stared at my scores.

Maybe I could do this for dad.

Or for myself.

A smart nerdy school was probably best.