ix

LEAH;
"Dad?" I called out around the big house, my voice echoed around instead.

After I told him about my 'meeting' with coach Bang he rushed me upstairs and told me to get everything that needed to be done, done.

I finished everything and now I'm bored. I continued to look around the house for my dad.

Everything was almost set to call this place home. The living room was done as well as the kitchen and almost all the photos were up.

I walked to the back door and opened it, "Dad?"

"Over here bud," he called out.

I stepped out of the house to see him on a ladder against the basketball goal putting on a new rim with a new clean net.

"Hey" I smiled, I couldn't believe he went out of his way to do this. At our other house we just had a hoop nailed above the garage.

"Did you get everything done?" He asked as I nodded and joined him.

"Screwdriver please," he held his hand out as I handed him the tool.

My dad finished with the screw and handed it back to me as I placed it in its previous spot.

My dad stepped down from the ladder and admired his work while standing next to me and throwing his arm around my shoulder.

"What's a home without a hoop?" He asked as I smiled.

I was excited.

"Go get your ball and be ready to play one on one later. And trust me, I won't go easy on you this time" he warned as I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, yeah" I said, he's only said that a thousand times before I've beat you.

I grabbed his tool box and he held the ladder as we both walked back inside, "Where are you going?" I asked.

"I have to go visit the hospital and meet with the head surgeon" he said as I nodded.

His work let him take a couple of days off before actually working for them.

My dad would probably take that position he mentioned soon, he was way too smart to just be a surgeon.

We both set the stuff down in the garage and went our separate ways, I went into my room and grabbed my ball.

I caught a glimpse of the ball Burns gave me and sighed. I looked down at what I was wearing, an old nike shirt and shortcuts.

My normal attire.

I pulled on some socks and got my old Kobe's on before going back downstairs.

I grabbed a water and re-tied my hair. I knew it was going to loosen no matter what, but I tried.

I heard my dad walking down from the stairs and saw him wearing a black and white suit along with his 'smart' glasses. He held his briefcase and walked over to me.

"I promise to be back before bed time so you're on your own tonight" he said as I nodded. We both walked out the front door, it was a normal thing.

We stopped by the car, he placed a kiss on my forehead and smiled.

"Don't work yourself too hard" he reminded and pointed his finger at me as I rolled my eyes but nodded in response.

"Mm-hm,"

He chuckled and got into his car. I watched as he started it and pulled out of the driveway. He waved before leaving and I returned the gesture.

Now, it was just me and my new hoop.

I sighed, I knew most days were going to be like this but I didn't blame him. This is his job and it's important.

I walked back inside and grabbed my ball and a bottle of water before going to the backyard.

I placed the bottle on the grass beside the court, dribbled the ball to the hoop and made a right hand lay up. I did that a few more times before switching to my left.

When I finished layups on both hands I did jump shots, floaters and free throws.

I stood behind the line and continued making free-throws.

Back on my old team we had a warm up where we were given ten minutes and had to shoot free-throws. We had to get three in a row to make one.

I stepped before I bounced and the ball hit my foot before rolling away. I groaned and watched it roll, it was too far now.

I sat on the court and laid back. The sun was setting as I covered my face with my right arm and let the left lay on the court.

I heard the ball rolling closer before it hit my arm, I uncovered my eyes to see my ball beside me.

I sat up and picked it up, what the heck?

I held the ball and looked around, only to see a younger boy sitting on the grass, looking at me through the bushes.

"Your ball rolled into my back yard, I just wanted to give it to you" he softly said.

"Oh thanks" I said with a friendly smile, what a cute kid.

He blushed and nodded.

"How long have you been here?" I asked as I walked closer and sat in front of him.

"Since you've made twenty-five free throws, twenty layups on each side and forty jump shots" he answered with a smile.

He was basically watching me the whole time and I was impressed that a boy his age could count that high yet alone know the terms to basketball.

"How do you know so much about ball?" I asked as he looked down and avoided eye contact with an embarrassed smile on his face.

"My older brother plays" he answered as I coo'd at his shyness.

"Oh, that's cool... do you play?" I asked as he shook his head in response,

"He won't teach me,"

I frowned at his words, then I got an idea.

"I can teach you" I said and he finally looked at me in the eyes with an excited look on his face. I always loved teaching kids how to play my favorite sport.

"You will?" He asked as I nodded.

"Only if you tell me your name" I smiled as he blushed.

"Junsu," he responded.

"Junsu," I repeated as he nodded.

"What's yours?" He asked with his eyes sparkling.

"Leah,"

"Leah," he repeated with a sigh and a blush formed on his face, "C-can I call you noona?"

He immediately covered his red face after asking.

"Yes, you can" I smiled. He seemed nervous of my answer but nonetheless he smiled cheekily.