v

LEAH;
I looked down at the uniform I was wearing. I didn't exactly like the thought of having one, nonetheless wearing one.

Today was the schools uniform day so I had no choice but to wear it.

It was a simple dark grey skirt that went a quarter above my knee, a white button up shirt, a black sweater vest and a dark grey blazer with the schools shield logo on it.

I also wore white dress socks and a pair of my black slip on vans.

While getting dressed I suddenly remembered that my mother attended this school as well. I couldn't help but get emotional because the high school I went to in America was the same one she went to while studying abroad as well.

I sighed and fixed my glasses while I looked at my reflection more. I never really saw how people told me that I looked like my mother.

I mostly had my her features. They were good qualities but I thought I wasn't enough.

I grew up with people commenting on my tan skin and how beautiful I was since the womb.

I've still grown to earn these compliments but I never took their word for it. I was always told I was pretty on a day to day basis but I just never felt pretty, and when I would, it felt like a split second.

My brown hair was wavy, one of the things I hated but had to live with.

I sighed, then grabbed my new black and white nike bag for the school year.

I heard a knock on my door, "Come in," I said as I turned to see my dad peak his head in and smile at me.

"Morning bud," he greeted and fully entered.

"Morning," I sighed in reply as I zipped up my bag and set it on the bed.

"Wow, it's been so long since I've seen that uniform," he smiled, I noticed he had a box in his hand, "You look beautiful, it suits you" he complimented as I smiled.

"Thanks,"

"Oh, I have this for you. This was mine when I went to school" he handed me the box as I sat down to open it.

Inside was a red tie that had blue lines outlined in white. It was a weird addition with the outfit but somehow, it fit.

He grabbed it out of the box and tied it on for me. He smiled once he finished.

"Perfect," he commented as I smiled. "Shall we go now?" Dad asked as I sighed but nodded in response. He gave me a sad smile and we were off.

I plugged in my earphones into my phone and listened to my music at a low setting. While my dad was driving he told me some words of encouragement.

We arrived and I looked at him with my puppy eyes, they never failed me once in a situation like this.

I didn't want to go, not yet.

"I'll see you here at three sharp" he said without looking at me, he knew I would be doing this.

I pouted then heaved out a sigh, "Alright," I said and got out. I looked at him and he smiled at me.

"I love you Leah, have a good day at school"

"I love you dad and you too," I said as he gave me an encouraging nod as I closed the door and waved as he left.

I turned around and saw a lot of other kids wearing the same thing as me. Some were talking to their friends and others were scrambling to get to class.

I stared at the expensive looking building in front of me and sighed. I turned up my music and walked through the pathway.

The campus was so lively. Everyone was doing something or knew someone.