Chapter 5

"You can't be serious." Said the familiar scarred man. "That guy? Really?" He asks a man around his age, who was hunched over, scratching at his neck. His face was hidden by a gross looking hand. "I am serious. He could prove useful to me." His voice was scruff and dry. "He did take out an entire hero agency in under a day, so cool! The little show off!" Sai another man, who wasn't sure if he was impressed or angry, making the teenage girl next to him giggle. "Yeah, I'd like to get a few stabs at him!" 

"I agree with Shigaraki." Said a man who wore a mask. "He is quite powerful, and that quirk of his is something to marvel at." Dabi rolled his eyes. "Yeah? And how exactly are you going to get him to join?" Shigaraki shrugs his shoulders. "I suppose we'll have to use a little bit of persuasion, now wont we?" Dabi clicked his tongue, making his way towards the exit. "Do what you want."

"Where do you think you're going?" Shigaraki asks, glaring at Dabi as he walked. "I have places to be, crusty." Dabi waved him off. "Oh no you don't, I need you to be there. So you won't be going anywhere, got it?" Dabi looked back over his shoulder, a challenging look in his eyes. "And what makes you think I'll go along with this ridiculous plan of yours?" Shigaraki smirked. "Oh you will, unless you want that little lady you keep on the side to mysteriously go missing?" Dabi's eyes widened, was he talking about Y/n? He couldn't be! How would even know about her? He hasn't mentioned Y/n to anyone!

"Surprised?" Shigaraki chuckled darkly. "How?" Dabi growled lowly. "I had Toga follow you to her home, then she caught her earlier today with a certain feathered brain dipshit."  Toga, giggles while playing with her knife. "She sure is cute, I would have cut her up right then and there if Hawks wasn't there." Dabi felt heat gathering at his palms. What the fuck was Hawks doing with Y/n. "They seemed awfully close too!" Toga adds with a grin. "If I didn't now any better, I'd say they were in a relationship!" She gushes, her cheeks blushing. 

 Dabi felt something inside of him snap. So it was like that, was it? He would make sure Hawks pays for it later, for now...he had a few words for Y/n. "So, change your mind?" Asked Shigaraki. Dabi clenched his fists tightly.

 "...Fine." 

Later that night, Y/n was on the phone with her boss, who was currently giving her an ear full. "Yes sir I understand....No sir it won't happen again...yes sir...y-yes sir....ok. I'll be there, goodbye." Y/n hung up her phone before letting out a yell of anger. "Motherfucker!" She throws her phone onto the couch. "Who does he think he is!? Docking my pay like that! I outta go up there and beat the living shi-" She was interupted by the sound of knocking. She stormed over to the door and jerked it open. "Yes!? Oh...Hey Dabi." 

Dabi didn't respond, he just walked past her into the living room. "Uh, something wrong?" She asks. "Yeah. Boss got me working another dumbass mission. Wants me to help him recruit that nameless villain that's been popping up." Y/n held back a gasp. This was it. "R-really? Um...so he'll be working with you guys?" 

"Maybe." Dabi sighs. This was great! If that dude starts working with Dabi, she can possibly learn more about him. Then she can tell Hawks about it, and finally she could forget about Dabi all together. She couldn't help but feel a tinge of pain, if she does this, there's a chance Dabi will be captured as well. But this was for the greater good, and it's not like she was going to get anywhere with him anyway. Might as well end it sooner or later, she just...wishes it didn't have to end like this.

"Point is, I'll be gone for a few days. Won't be able to talk much." Y/n frowned, crossing her arms. "Like that's anything new." She mutters. Dabi turns to her, he wore an unreadable expression. "Yep, so try not to miss me too much ok? Think you can keep yourself under control while I'm not here?" Y/n shot him a glare. "What's that suppose to mean?" 

"Just saying, don't go looking for someone to keep your bed warm without me. Someone like oh I don't know...Hawks?" Y/n's heart dropped. "W-what do you mean?" Dabi laughed, taking a few steps towards her. "Oh don't give me that shit! I know you've been seeing him! You must think you're real fucking clever huh!?" Y/n backed up until she hit a wall, Dabi got closer and closer. He slammed his hands onto the wall, on each side of her head, towering over her. "So, when were you going to tell me you've been fucking around with birdbrain?" 

Y/n trembled under his intense gaze, she gulped. "I-it isn't like that..." She choked out. "Isn't it?" Dabi moved his hand to her chin, making her look at him. "I know I'm not around as much as I should be, but just what do you think I'm doing when I'm not here? Hm?" Dabi leaned in closer. "I tell you what I'm not doing, I'm not wasting my time with other bitches! So why the fuck, do you think it's ok that you go and do something like that!?" 

Y/n pushed him away from her. "I told you it isn't like that you prick! Hawks was only trying to make me feel better because I was too busy worrying and crying over you! But maybe you're right, maybe I should go with him instead! I am so fucking done with your shit Dabi!" She continues.  "All I ever do worry and worry about you! I'm always stressed out because of you! You disappear for days and weeks and don't even bother to call me, and let me know you're not dead! And then, when you do show up, it's either because you are dying or you just want to fuck me and then leave again!" She was so angry, that was sobbing through her words. 

"Do you think I want to stay away from you for so long!?" Dabi yells back. "I do all this, I keep you at a distance, so that you can stay safe! But it's too fucking late for that, cause now the league knows about you!"

Everything goes silent for a moment, the two letting their words really sink in. They haven't fought like this in a very long time. Dabi wasn't an idiot, he knew what they have isn't good. But what he said was true, he didn't want Y/n to be harmed. But now that the league does know about her, it made Dabi feel something he hadn't felt for a while. Dabi...was afraid. He was afraid of what the league might do to Y/n without him knowing. He was afraid that this could open so many other opportunities for Y/n's life to be in danger somehow. And it made him afraid. 

He knew from the very beginning that things would go wrong if he kept seeing her but...he just couldn't let her go. He couldn't stay away from her. He couldn't be kept any longer from the person he loved. He wanted, no he needed Y/n in his life. Otherwise the flames really would have consumed him entirely. But from the start he knew it was bad idea, he had no one but to blame other than himself for what was happening now.