Chapter 14

Hawks flew Y/n back home, instead of to his agency where he originally planned to question her further. Hawks could usually tell when someone was lying to him, and after everything Y/n told him, he knew she was telling the truth. After dropping her off, he would have to go to the hospital to treat his wounds. He was still surprised that he was standing and conscious enough to do all that. But before he went, he left Y/n with this:

'I know it hurts, I can't understand how deep this goes, or understand even half of the pain you suffered through. But I know that it must have been unbearable. I won't ask why you chose Dabi of all people, but I do advise you forget about him. Dabi will only lead you down further on the path of darkness. I'd hate for you to wind up in custody or dead because of him. So please, as your friend, promise me you'll stay away from him.'

It might have been cruel to say, and maybe even a tad manipulative, but it was for her own good. He cared about Y/n, he didn't want to see hurt in any way ever again. He'd do anything to keep her safe, and if that meant keeping that dangerous psychopath away from her, then so be it.

Y/n examined herself in the mirror of her bathroom. There were visible marks on her neck from where Hakai grabbed her, they would not be easy to hide. Speaking of, that monster was facing off against Dabi right before Hawks got her away from there. Why was Dabi there? How could he have possibly gotten there so quickly? And why the hell did he call Y/n his woman?

"I'm not your fucking woman." Y/n spat bitterly to no one but her own reflection. "You lost the right to call me that a long time ago."

She left the bathroom and rummaged through her closet for a while to find a shirt that would cover her neck. 

Dabi's eyes shot open as he felt something warm hit his face. Hakai stood above him, blood pouring from his mouth. His shaking hand fell down limp by his side as he glared down at Dabi. "Shit...just when it was getting good too." Hakai raised his other arm to wipe the blood from his jaw. "To be continued, Dabi." Hakai turned away before zipping, as if he were teleporting, few feet by the few away from Dabi, until he was out of sight. Dabi brought himself to a stand, groaning as he did so. "Well fuck. He's stronger than I thought he was. Teaches me for underestimating the little brat." 

Dabi raised his hand, the smell of his own burnt flesh filled his nose, but he did not flinch. It was nothing new to him. "I pushed myself too hard this time. From now on, I'll have to pace myself when it comes to him." He reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone and dialed up a number, then waited for the ring. 

"Hey, it's me. Hurry up and get it over with." 

Before he knew what was happening, black sludge was pouring from his mouth and the next thing he knew, he was back at the League's hideout. "Look who's still alive! You look like shit!" 

"Shut up Twice." Dabi rasped, rubbing at his neck. "Telling from those injuries, I think it's safe to say you lost right?" Shigaraki glared at him through the hand on his face. "Still think you can take him alone?" Dabi didn't respond, instead he looked at the new charred flesh on his wrist. 'Whatever that brat's power is, it's too much for his body to handle. Lucky for me, if he kept going, he would have killed me for sure.' 

"I might have lost. But I learned something from him, he let his weakness slip when he thought he had be beat." Dabi smirked. "He's unstable. That insane quirk of his is killing him every time he uses it." 

"So all we have to do is, make him wear his quirk out until he dies?" Asked Mr. Compress. "Seems easy enough." Said Spinner. "Sounds like a plan! It can't be that easy!" Added Twice. "It's not." says Dabi. "Hawks was there before me so he was worn out before he faced me. And he still had me backed into a corner." 

"Well what are we suppose to do?" Toga asks. "Simple, the next time he attacks, half of us will attack until he physically can't. And if the son of a bitch tries to escape, the other half will track him down. After that, they'll contact the remaining half to follow after and together, we kill him." 

"As always, your plans are flawless." Dabi says sarcastically. "Like you did better, you're barely keeping yourself together." Said Shigaraki. "Now. I suggest you all ready yourselves for the next fight. We'll only have one chance to take him down, if we fail, we could be killed."

The plan wasn't a solid one, but against someone as strong as Hakai, a loose plan was better than no plan at all. Though, deep down, Dabi felt like something was wrong. Or rather, something would go wrong. He could blame that on the plan, but after facing Hakai head on, something stirred in Dabi's core. A feeling that he had long forgotten about. Dabi was worried.

Hakai knew what Y/n looked like, if she were to be caught up in this, she would be killed. No doubt about that. He had to do something before it came down to that. But what?