When Dabi opened his eyes, thick smog began to fill his lungs. He couldn't see that far ahead of himself. Where was he? What had happened? "That's right...Hakai caved the ground in." He groaned. As he went to sit up, he felt a sharp pain in his gut. "Augh!" He coughed, blood spilling from his mouth. "What..." He looked down, the thing that was causing him so much pain, was a old broken half of a pipe...that went right into his abdomen. "Well fuck...that's not good..."

He laid his head back against the rock wall behind him. Trying to steady his uneven breathing, trying to focus on staying awake. "I always knew this day would come...but I didn't think it would happen like this...what a pathetic death..." He coughed once again. 

"You're telling me."

Dabi's eyes slowly drifted to his left, Hakai stood above him. A look of disappointment on his face. "Though, I'm to blame for this one." He sighed. "I thought I would have some more time to play around with you. You were such a great opponent too, as annoying as you were." Dabi didn't pay any mind to him. He didn't care. His eyes drifted back and to the top of the cave in. There was just barely enough light peaking through. "Hey, you even listening to me?"

"...Y/n..." Dabi spoke weakly. 

"Eh? Y/n? She that bitch who got in my way?" Dabi didn't respond. Hakai clicked his tongue before crouching down to his height. He reached into Dabi's pocket and pulled out his phone, still Dabi made no effort to stop him. His phone was cracked to hell, but seemed to still work. "Hmmm ah, here she is. How about I give her a little call? I'm sure she would want to hear from you one last time before you croak, eh Dabi?" He pressed the call button and put it up to his ear. It didn't take long before he got an answer. 

"Dabi!? Are you ok!? Where are  you!?" Y/n spoke frantically, she was out of breath, as she was now running back to her home. If by any chance Dabi had returned safely, she prayed he'd be there.

 Hakai smirked before speaking. "Hey there, little bitch." 

"W-who is this? Where's Dabi?" She stopped in her tracks.

"Ah currently at the bottom of a bit, bleeding out. Wanna say hi?" 

"...Y-you're lying...You're lying to me! Tell me the truth!"

"I'll take that as a yes." Hakai lowered the phone to Dabi, who glared up at him but took the phone anyway. 

"Hey Y/n..." Dabi murmured.

"Dabi? What happened? Who was that?" Y/n's phone shook in her trembling hands. 

"Y/n...remember when I said...I'd tell you that thing...I wanted to tell you?" Dabi said between heavy breaths. 

"Yes but, what's wrong? Are you hurt?" 

"You could say that...Y/n...I don't think I'll be able to keep that promise...Though, you're probably not surprised to hear me say that...I break my promises so often...but still...I'm sorry..."

"Dabi..." Y/n said weakly. "Don't say that, you can tell me what you wanted to say. Just tell me where you are." 

Dabi smiled weakly. "No...No Y/n, you don't wanna come here...it's a real drag..." He coughed harshly as he finished. 

"Dabi!"

"Aaaaand times up!" Hakai took the phone back. "Don't listen to him little bitch, you come here if you want! I need someone new to play with, so how about you bring feather head with you?" 

"You bastard! Give the phone back to Dabi!"

"You don't want to talk to a corpse now do you? That'd be fuckin weird. So about you bring your little ass here along with Hawks. I'll text ya coordinates alright? Great, see ya later!" Hakai hung up the phone then texted his location before throwing the phone off somewhere. "Ah...it pains me to see a failed loved story. It really does." Hakai put his hands in his pockets as he paced back and forth. 

"Hey for what it's worth, that bitch wasn't too bad looking. Maybe I'll take your place...Oh don't look at me like that. I'll make sure to take goooood care of her." Hakai chuckled. "Come on bitch, bring that overgrown bird on! With him out of the way, I'll be one step closer to my goal!"

"Tsk...what kind of goal are you non stop talking about? You just won't shut up about it..." Dabi mutter. "Well, seeing as how you're gonna die soon. I don't see any harm in telling you." Hakai leaned against the rock wall.

"I was born with an incredibly weak quirk. So weak, that I might as well not have a quirk at all. I was pushed around my entire life because of it. After so many countless days of being ridiculed for my weakness. I decided why not become stronger? And that's exactly what I did. I pushed my quirk and body to the very brink to gain as much power as I could. The more I trained and used my quirk, the weaker my body became." 

"Eventually it got so out of hand, that my parents sent me to a mental institution. Try as they might, no one could stop me from using my power. Even when they had to use quirk represents I trained myself to become immune. And just when I was strong enough, I broke out. But not without cost...what cost you might ask? Innocent lives..."

"It wasn't the plan to kill those poor people. But the rush of power I felt because of it was euphoric! I needed more, and more, and more! I pushed myself even further, killing, training, killing, training, until I got to where I was today! Destruction can be so beautiful if you really think about it! Who could stand the same old every day!? That's where destruction comes to into place! With destruction comes something new, like with the destruction of my body, will come a new unbreakable body. That's why I can't stop, until I've destroyed everything, and replace it all with something new! Something better!"

"But one very important thing stands in my way...heroes. They just don't get it you know? I mean of course you do, why become a villain if you don't?" 

Dabi didn't bother explain the difference between himself and Hakai. He could care less about destruction and what not, he had something else in mind. Something that dumbass couldn't understand. But...that didn't matter now.

 He had failed, and his journey was coming to an end...