Chapter 24

"That woman...belongs to me." Hakai said under his breath. He ignores the sharp pains that ran up and down his spine and through his chest and head. "I will not...die here....not yet..." His vision struggled to focus on the League in front of him. They were not all together at the moment, but as soon as Twice, Spinner, and Mr. Compress catch up, his chances at victory will be cut slimmer than they already have been. 

'League of Villains. I must admit, you are stronger than you look. I've never struggled this much trying to kill someone before. Maybe in another life, we could have been such good partners.' Hakai raised his arm. "Die."

The blast that left his palm, nearly sent him flying off his own feet. The pain he felt as he did so was agonizing. The three members ahead of him just barely dodged it, feeling the heat of the blast whoosh past them. Dabi quickly retaliated by sending his own blast of flames, with as much energy and power he could put into it. Hakai's body was consumed by the harsh flames, and yet his body would not burn like the rest.

Oh but the pain was there. Though at this point, it had become so mind-numbing, that the heat of the flames felt more like a terrible chill, like frostbite. He didn't know what was worse, the fact that his body continued to stand and take the pain, or the fact that he almost wanted that attack to end all the pain right then and there. "Fuck this...this body...has failed me..." Hakai gurgled. 

Just as the flames died down, he could see the remainder of the League hastily approaching. Twice, had cloned his body to where there was now around twenty of him. As they approached the all tackled Hakai, restraining him. Shigaraki was quick to follow up, he leaped over a few of the clones and reached out for Hakai. 

'This body....'

His hand met Hakai's face, and slowly but surely, his flesh was rotting. 

'This useless body....'

The flesh of Hakai's face began to wither away around his left eye, his cheeks, his chin, the corner of his mouth, even some of his hair began to leave his scalp. 

'...must be replaced...'

Hakai ripped his arm free from on of the clones' hold, and grabbed onto Shigaraki's arm. Before Shigaraki knew what was happening, he heard a sickening crunch followed by a wave of pain. He yelled out as Hakai's grip got tighter and tighter. 

"Boss!" The clones yelled as they tried to restrain Hakai again, but to no avail. Suddenly, Hakai felt the hand he held Shigaraki with go numb. His gaze traveled down to see that very hand was no longer attached to his arm. "....Huh?" 

"Shigaraki!" Spinner moved his boss out of the way before stabbing through Hakai's chest. Hakai spat up a large amount of blood, stumbling back as Spinner yanked the blade from him. Hakai continued to stumble until his back met the ground. Blood pooled from the gaping wound in his chest, and his stump arm. The pain was still there, only...he did not flinch or cry or yell. He just laid there, looking up at the sky with a glazed eyes. 

Shigaraki jerked Hakai's severed hand from his broken arm. "That had to kill the son of a bitch." He said before tossing the hand aside. "And if not." Shigaraki approached Hakai and stomped on his chest hard. "We'll just do over and over and over again...until you're nothing but a pile of bloodied flesh and bone."

Hakai did not respond, much to the League's delight. "Man." Toga sighed. "Lucky Lizard got to stab him." She skipped over to Spinner. "Nice work saving Shiggy." She said with a smile. "It was nothing." He said coolly as he sheathed the blade he stabbed Hakai with.

"No way it was that easy." Dabi muttered. "Oi." He kicked Hakai's body. "Better speak up now, or I'm gonna burn you to ash." Hakai still said nothing. Dabi clicked his tongue. "You know how much shit you put us through. You ain't getting out of this so easily. Stop fucking around and say something!" 

Still nothing.

"Perhaps he's gone into shock." Said Mr. Compress. Twice looked over Hakai's body. "He sure was tough! Huh!? He wasn't shit!" 

"Tsk. I'm calling Kurogiri." Shigaraki stepped off of Hakai's body. "He's as good as dead, no point in waiting around for more trouble to show up." Dabi looked down at Hakai, his gaze had not faltered away from the sky since he was beaten down. There was no way it was that easy. Hakai had strength unlike any other. His body was resistant against his and Shigaraki's quirk. Was stabbing him really all it took? 

No way...

A mumbled garbled mess of words came from Hakai. "Huh? Speak up jackass." Shigaraki growled. Hakai inhaled deeply before yelling out:

"I WILL DESTROY IT ALL!!!!"

And just like that, Hakai sent out a wave of pure energy, and before the League could even react, they were caught up in a explosion of Hakai's making.