Chapter 26

"Dabi, I suggest you head back. Things are about to get real heavy soon. Heroes are gonna be patrolling the streets like mad, if you want the chance to see Y/n again, then you had better law low until things blow over." Hawks advised the villain walking beside him. The two had been sneaking around all day, looking for either Y/n or Hakai. Nothing had come up since the beginning of their search. And things were getting tense. 

"Yeah right. I'm not going anywhere until that fucker is dead and I have Y/n back." Dabi argued. Hawks gave him a look. "You won't get to do either, if you're in custody. And if I'm caught helping you, I'll be in some deep shit. Then neither of us will be able to help Y/n." Dabi ignored him and continued walking down the Y/n's street. "I could care less about what the public would think of you or how good your reputation is afterwards. I only care about Y/n. And if you care about her at all, you wouldn't care about it either." 

Dabi wasn't entirely wrong, Y/n came before his reputation. But he wouldn't be able to continue protecting her as well as the civilians that counted on him being a hero, if he was stripped of his hero name. All because he was working with such a dangerous villain, so that he could mend his broken as fuck relationship with Y/n. It was fucking twisted, at least, to an outsider's view. But Hawks had to admit, if he were in Dabi's place...he would be doing the exact same thing.

"Don't twist my words around damn it. Of course I care more about Y/n. It would make me feel a whole of hell lot better if she actually made it home without a scratch." Speaking of which, they had made it to her front door, but before Dabi went to open the door, Hawks grabbed his wrist to stop him. 

"What are you doing?" Dabi glared at him. Hawks went silent for a moment before speaking. "Something's not right." He muttered. Hawks sent out a few feathers, placed them against the windows of the house, a few slipped under the front door. Dabi raised an eyebrow curiously. 'That's new...' He thought silently. Hawks closed his eyes and listened carefully.

A moment passed...still silent, that is until...

Hawks' eyes shot opened before he kicked the door open, slightly shocking Dabi. "The fuck are you-"

"He's here!" Hawks rushed in, wasting no time, Dabi followed after. The two burst into Y/n's room, Hakai was waiting for them, a sick grin on his face. They knew immediately that things were about to go off the rails. His wounds had stopped bleeding, and missing pieces of flesh on is face were completely healed. And in his grasps, was a limp, barely conscious Y/n. 

"Y/n!" Dabi called for her. Her eyes twitched opened, they looked so dull and tired. But those eyes managed to find him, she couldn't even call back for him. Dabi glared daggers at Hakai, murderous intent radiating from him. "Motherfucker...let her go!" He yelled, his fists igniting in flame. He only got more and more enraged the longer he looked at Y/n. Hakai laid his filthy hands on her, he could tell he hurt her before they got there, the blood on her was evident enough. 

"Dabi." Hawks said, in a much calmer tone. "Calm down." 

"Calm down!?" Dabi snapped at him. "Look at her! He fucking put his hands on her and hurt her! And you're telling me to calm down!?" 

"It's not hers." Hawks tells him. "And I'm telling you to calm down, because she will be hurt if you do something stupid." 

"Listen to the bird, Dabi." Hakai began, holding Y/n up to lean down to her neck. "I can't kill her, but I will hurt her if I need to. Isn't that right, Y/n?" Hakai he rasped into her ear. She whimpered as she felt his grip get tighter on her arms. Dabi nearly lost it right then and there. "Hakai!" Dabi yelled out in a warning tone. 

"It's entirely up to you." Hakai glared him down. "I just said I wouldn't kill her, isn't that enough for you?" 

"Fuck no! You're not gonna kill her and you're gonna give her back! Then I'm gonna burn you until you're nothing but a pathetic pile of ash!" Dabi growled. "Dabi, enough." Said Hawks. "He's got the upper hand." 

Dabi turned to Hawks, the same murderous intent in his eyes. "You get in my way and so help me I'll kill you too!" 

"D-dabi..." Y/n muttered, catching Dabi and Hawks' attention. "S-stop it...please. Hakai will kill you both...just...forget about me." 

"Y/n what are you saying!?" Dabi asked, dumbfounded. "I'm not leaving you here with this psycho!"

"I just got you back...if you die because of me...I'll never forgive myself. So please, for my sake...just go...You too Keigo. You were the only friend I had, you cared so much for me...I still have no idea why...but I couldn't bare the idea of you getting hurt."

"Y/n..." Hawks trailed off.

"No. Fuck that. Fuck all that!" Said Dabi.

"Dabi..." Y/n whimpered. "I am not leaving you! I did once before and look what happened! All this shit happened because of me, and I'd be damned if I cause to happen all over again by leaving!" 

Dabi looked up at Hakai. "And you! I'm gonna make sure you never lay your hands on Y/n ever again!"

"Dabi." Hawks warned him. But Dabi would not listen, the stare off between him and Hakai would not break. Hawks quickly side glanced at the feathers still pressed against the window. Y/n lifts her head to look at both Dabi and Hawks. "He's too strong for you two to fight right now...All because I was too stupid to fall for his lies! I healed him like he wanted and now..."

"And now, you two really will die." Hakai finished. 

Hawks quickly acted, the feathers that pressed against the windows smashed through and struck Hakai, piercing his arm. "What!?" Hakai was shocked by the fact his flesh could still be punctured. Hawks sent out more feathers to collect Y/n, but Hakai was faster. He blasted back both Dabi and Hawks, sending them through the wall of the bedroom straight into the living room.

Y/n cried out as she was lifted by Hakai, he jumped up and broke through the ceiling of the house. He landed on the roof, his grip still tight on Y/n so she could not escape. "Oh the trouble you cause little miss." Hakai chuckled. 

"It's about to be a blood bath..."