Chapter 9

It was late at night, around 2 am, and a young lady was at a night club with her new co-workers celebrating the opening of the newest business in the city. In her opinion, there was nothing too grand about it. It was just another desk job, just like most jobs for the quirkless. But against her will might I add, she was dragged along to this nightclub for a round of drinks and partying before everyone including herself had to work their asses off. She never really liked going out to clubs like this, unless she was really in the mood, and tonight...she was not.

For starters, she didn't even know these people, and they hardly knew her. But she thought it might have been rude or bitchy to refuse the invite. Secondly, she didn't own any party dresses, so she had to order one last minute. Needless to say, it showed off more of her body than she had wanted, mostly in her legs and chest.  And third of all, after drinking too much, the loud bumping music and bright lights were starting to get to her. So, with a slurred excuse, she exited the club. She didn't get far, as the alcohol finally took it's toll and made it more and more difficult to walk. 

So here she found herself, drunk and alone, slumped against the wall of this blaring nightclub. 

'...I'm tired...' She thought before yawning. It would be a stupid idea to fall asleep outside this late. But she just couldn't make her legs move, not without feeling the overwhelming urge to vomit from dizziness. "Excuse me? Miss?" Her tired head lifted at the sound of someone talking to her. She blinked a few times at the stranger in front of her. "...Whooo? Me?" She slurred, causing the stranger to chuckle. Telling from how low his voice was, she assumed it was a man. 

"Yes, you. You look a little out of it, can you walk?" He asked. She shook her head now and slumped further down the wall, before she could fall the rest of the way, the man grabbed her arm and stood her upright. "Mind if I help you then? Tell me where you live and I'll take you home." The young woman muttered a few incomprehensible words before hiccupping. She then raised her finger and pointed in some random direction. "That way..." 

"Uh-huh...Well, I'll just take you back with me then. You won't mind right? It's not like you'll have any say in it." The woman made no effort to respond, and so, the man got a firm grip on her before walking her away from the club. Unknowing to him, someone was following behind. 

"Hey." The sudden voice made the man turn around. There before him, stood a tall figure, his blue eyes shine through the dark of the night. "You know that woman?" He asked, eyes trailing down to the limp drunken woman. "And what if I do?" The man challenged. The figure laughed as he stepped closer into view. All color drained from the man's face as he got a better look at who was speaking to him. "I highly doubt that. People like you make me sick." The figure raised their hand, blue flames erupted from his palm.

"I suggest you let her go, or else..." The man did what he was told and carefully set the woman down. "Y-you'll spare me now, right?" The man trembled. The figure smirked. "We don't need scumbags like you in this world, there's your answer." Just as he finished, the flames shot forwards and enveloped the man. His screams caused the woman to open her eyes, through her foggy vision, all she saw was the bright blue flames, and the crazed look on the figure's face. His screaming died down as soon as they started, his now corpse burned until there was nothing but a pile of ash.

The figure approached the woman, and just as he reached for her, her eyes closed once again.