Chapter 13

"His woman?" Hawks asked, keeping his eyes facing forwards as he flew. "Wanna explain that?" Though, Y/n really didn't need to. He quickly pieced it together after what Dabi had just called her. Y/n remained silent, her gaze wasn't focused on anything really. She was still stunned from what had just happened, and how fast it happened. She was racing to Hawks and the next thing she knew, a hand was around her throat. Then if that wasn't enough, Dabi had shown up. It was all so much for her to processes all at once.

"Y/n." Hawks said more sternly, snapping her out of her daze. "...Keigo, listen. It's not...we weren't...him and me were nothing." Hawks glanced down at her. "Nothing? I wouldn't call that nothing." His attention turned back ahead. "But it wasn't! We didn't love each other, we just..." Y/n trailed off. Hawks exhaled deeply. "I see."

There was a brief moment of silence between the two before Hawks broke it. "I didn't want to do this Y/n, I hated doing it from the very beginning. But, I'm going to need you to tell me everything you know about Dabi and the League. And if you don't, well, you and your murder boyfriend will be spending a lot more time together in federal prison. How's that sound?"

Y/n snapped her head up to face him. "Are you serious!?" She gasped. "As the plague. Now talk, I won't ask again." There was no hint of joking in Hawks' tone. He sounded more cruel than anything else. "Why are you doing this? You're treating me as if I were a criminal." Still Hawks did not look at her as he spoke. "Until I can tell you're not involved with the league, you are one."  

Hearing that made Y/n's heart snap in two. Her friend, her only friend, who she cared deeply for who she trusted enough to open up to him, was treating her like she was nothing more than criminal scum. But what did she expect? She was the one who decided to let Dabi in, and it landed her nowhere. And now she let someone new in, and it was all crumbling down once again. This is what she gets for letting herself be weak to anyone who would come to comfort her...

She bit her lip, repressing the tears that threatened to fall from her eyes. "Fine. You wanna know what happened between Dabi and me? I'll tell you." She said, anger spewing from her tone. "Dabi, the murderous criminal, saved me from being kidnapped and possibly raped the very first night we met. He then proceeded to show up at my door, where I gladly let him in so I could either treat his wounds or have sex with him." There was a twitch in Hawks' frown when she mentioned that part. 

"And that's how it would go down for a long time after that. He would show up hurt or looking for someone to scratch that itch ya know? And I was the perfect woman just for that! But he would never stay long, he would never talk to me about his personal life or the League of Villains for your fucking information! So no, I am not involved with them in the god damn slightest! I was just a thing that Dabi could use and take advantage of whenever he damn well pleased!" 

Hawks finally looked down at her, she hadn't realized it herself, but she had been crying. 

"That's all he would ever do! Show up, use me, then leave again and not come back for weeks and months! And I was dumb enough to let it happen! I kept opening my door for him! I kept caring for him! I kept letting him use me! All because I was alone, I was hurting, and I needed someone in my life to replace someone who actually loved me!" She sniffled as she continued. "All because...all because I...I loved him..." 

And there it was. There were those words she hated, no feared, from the very beginning. She did love Dabi. She just never wanted to admit it because she knew, that Dabi would never feel the same. She would be hoping for something she could not have. So she figured, what was the point in loving someone, who didn't love you back? Though, she could not keep up that mindset for much longer. She did love Dabi. Ever since they met, she loved him. And hurt, oh did it hurt her to admit it. 

"Keigo..." She whimpered. Hawks' harden expression had changed into a one of pity. "What is wrong with me?" Hawks didn't have an answer for her, he didn't know what he could possibly say to her to make her feel better. So, he just held her close to him. He let her let go of all that anger and sadness until she was satisfied.