044 Triangle

"Don't fight. Okay?" Mom warned me once again.

I nodded happily.

Why would I fight with two little angel-like girls?

"Don't worry. Alex is a good boy. He won't make any trouble." Lakshmi aunty wasn't worried.

After giving me a warning look, mom left with Lakshmi aunty. Clearly, my mom didn't share the same opinion as Lakshmi aunty. But they still left the room so that would play among ourselves.

I looked at the two little girls.

Anita and Meera.

"Stop looking at me you waste of human flesh!" Anita was instantly annoyed by me.

'What are you acting so high and mighty for? Didn't you poop on the bed we met last time?' I very much wanted to retort. But decided to keep quiet. Because if she realizes that I regressed like her, then she might kill me on the spot to take revenge for what happened in the previous life.

I turned to Meera.

She was looking around curiously and sucking on her thumb.

'What an innocent child! Why can't Anita be more like her?' Again, I kept my thoughts to myself.

About Meera, she's Lakshmi aunty's daughter.

I think I have already told you that Lakshmi aunty doesn't have a child and her marriage was on the brink of failure.

Lakshmi aunty is a bit too rigid when comes to certain matters. She and her husband didn't have a child. So her husband wanted to adopt one. But Lakshmi aunty wanted to adopt a child from their own family. This way, the child will have the blood of their family and their immense wealth would stay in the family bloodline.

Unfortunately, her husband didn't like the idea. Adopting a child from their own family means the child will have another set of parents. He wanted a child for themselves. He wasn't comfortable with sharing the parental rights of the child with someone else. This issue, eventually lead to the failure of their marriage in my previous life.

But everything changed about a month ago.

I created some big trouble for Lakshmi aunty. I inadvertently gave her the taste of being a mother. That somehow changed her mind and she agreed to the adoption.

Right now, the baby whom she adopted was in front of me.

"Wavaa..." She tried saying something.

"Wooo..." I replied seriously.

After getting the baby, Lakshmi aunty was having a bit of trouble with the baby. So mom suggested a play date. Anita was also invited. But there was another motive. I will tell you that later.

I was pretty happy about the arrangement. But once we started playing, it became awkward.

Anita had no intention of playing with me. But she was very much interested in Meera. So, soon it became a competition between us trying to get the attention of Meera.

'Fine. Since you don't want to play with me, don't blame me for what I'm going to do next.'

I decided to get the attention of Meera. After all, I clearly had the home ground advantage as we were at my home. "Babyyy.." I picked up my doll and passed it to Meera. It was a child like doll. It's original owner was Anu. She named it 'Baby'. Once she got real babies, she lost interest in the baby doll and it became mine. It was one of the many items I inherited from her.

Meera smiled and accepted the doll. Dimples appeared on her chubby cheeks as she smiled. It reminded me of a nursery rhyme Anu sings occasionally. She was so cute.