056 Egg

It was a perfect Sunday. Dad was home with us. The state elections were drawing closer. So dad wanted to spend one more day with us before he got busy with the election work.

We first played together. First, we played football.

"Take that... Hahaha... You snot-nosed kids don't stand a chance in front of me." Dad scored another goal and started making fun of us. Sometimes he would intentionally lose to us. But sometimes he would just enjoy beating us in the games.

"No... Appa is... big legs." Priya wasn't happy. She protested.

"So what? If you think it is unfair, then eat more and grow big." Dad replied.

Appa is a local term for dad. Anuchi had been using different forms of the word dad to call dad. Sometimes she even calls him 'Kariyachan'. That is dad's baptism name and his pet name. Only mom, Jeemma and some close friends call him that. Dad loved it when Anuchi called him that. Anyway, Priya started calling him 'appa' and we all settled for that.

"No. I don't like you." Priya was angry. She grabbed dad's leg and started kicking his shin.

"Pichu too." Prince joined her.

It was more fun than playing football. So we all joined the fight. Dad was soon on the floor. He loved to wrestle with us. We loved it too.

Except for Doodu. He didn't enjoy wrestling with dad. He was so huge and strong that even dad might not be able to beat him in wrestling. But we other kids wrestle with him. He loves that.

We all made a lot of noise and fought a lot.

"It's so peaceful here without you all here. I won't get stuff done with you all here. Get out and don't return before that time for lunch." In the end, mom was annoyed and kicked us out.

"Woowu wuu..." Doodu protested. He was telling mom that he didn't fight.

"You are coming with us." Anuchi wrapped her hand around Doodu's neck and dragged him with us.

With no other choice, we started walking around our plantation. Then, dad proposed exploring our small river. Recently, our river had dried up because of the lack of rain. So it was the perfect time for us to explore it.

We walked around a bit. The river was full of stones. So walking was pretty difficult. Still, it was fun.

That's we found a stone that looked like an egg.

When water flows over rocks, stones would get stuck between the rock crevices. The flowing water would move the stones inside the rock. Over time, the stones would become smooth and spherical. I was sure that it was one such stone.

"What egg do you think it is?" I asked innocently.

"There is a high chance it is an elephant egg. If not, it is definitely a dragon egg." Anuchi explained with a serious face while struggling to hide her laughter.

"Elephant... with big ears?" Prince asked.

"Yes. The one that flies." Anuchi answered. I hope you remember the flying elephant from mom's stories. The kids also grew up hearing the same stories. I also told my version of the story. They loved the story.

"We... take it home," Priya suggested.

"Yes yes..." Prince agreed.

I was sure that it was just a stone. But I had no plans to tell the truth. Why would I knowingly give up a chance for some fun.

"I can help you get it out of the river." A sound came from the riverside.

Arjun's dad was crouching on the roadside and smiling widely.