077 Date

"Achu, wash my plate," Anuchi ordered after the dinner.

"Why?" I asked confusedly. All of us have to wash our plates after eating. We splash water everywhere and make a mess. Our washing wasn't proper and it only added more to mom's job. But still, we had to wash the plates. Sometimes, whenever I was lazy, I would beg Anuchi to wash my plate. But it was the first time Anuchi ever asked me to wash her plate.

"Because my hand hurts." She replied.

"How?"

"Did you forget? You twisted it." Anuchi answered.

"But you were eating with that hand just fine."

"No no no. I was suffering really. You don't know." Anuchi held her hand limply as if it were broken.

In the end, I washed her plate too.

At that moment, I had a bad premonition. I didn't know what it was. But I did feel that something was going to go really wrong in my future.

"Achu... wash my plate," Pichu ordered with his plate extended towards me.

"..." Look at this little rat ordering me!

I wanted to kick the little rascal. But decided not to as I had already caused enough problems for one day.

"No." I rejected him without a kick.

"Partiality..." He protested pointing at me.

"Hahahaha...." I heard mom laughing from the other room.

I kept my mouth shut and avoided looking at Mom.

"All of you, take your books and prepare for tomorrow," Anuchi ordered once we were back in our room.

"They taught nothing today," I answered.

"So what? We are going to study for tomorrow."

"Why?"

"Because if we prepare for what they will teach tomorrow, then we will be able to answer all the questions instantly. Then our teachers will tell other students to learn from us. The teacher will also tell our parents what a good student we are. We can be the best in our class." Anuchi explained.

I felt admiration for her. This is a habit Dad taught her.

"Also, it adds pressure on our classmates. It's fun to watch them suffering." Anuchi completed.

Yup. That too...

She has been doing this for the past few years. Appa had taught her to read and write even before going to school. When other kids were learning to count, Anuchi was learning addition and subtraction. When other kids were learning addition, Anuchi was learning multiplication. All her classmates were suffering because of her.

"You see... This is a cruel world. Those who are weak would get devoured by the strong. We have to make sure that we are the strong ones." Anuchi said with great conviction.

We all nodded seriously even though we didn't understand much of it.

I was sure that the three of us were going to dominate the other kids. After all, Anuchi had taught us letters and numbers. I don't know the details. I know that it was some deal between her and Dad.

Anyway, we practised drawing lines and circles before sleeping.

Before sleeping, Anuchi noticed that elder sister Priya's photo was missing. It was a copy of a photo from an album from her original family. Anuchi went and complained to our parents and they agreed to look for it. But Anuchi wasn't much bothered by it as she liked the pics she drew more.

In the following days, it happened as Anuchi had predicted. We dominated the class. The only one who posed a challenge to us was Anita. It was no surprise since she was also a returner.

***

Finally, it was Saturday.

Jeemma came early in the morning to take me with her.

She was working on Saturday. So we both went to her office.

It was my first time in her office. I looked around the office curiously.

It was a modern office with computers. The workers didn't have any cabins. Instead, they all had cubicles. The only cabin that was in the office was Jeemma's. It had transparent walls so that Jeemma could see everyone. Unlike the rest of the office, Jeemma's cabin wasn't modern. She had piles of papers on her table.

"I want to look around," I said.

"Don't try to go out. I have already informed the security. Also, don't make any trouble. I have cameras installed everywhere." Jeemma warned me while pointing at the monitor which had the live feed from all the cameras.

"You don't trust me?" I asked.

"Not even a bit. You and your Anuchi can burn down the building in an hour if left unchecked." Jemma answered without even blinking.

Fair point. I had to admit that she was right. So I decided not to fight with her.

The moment I stepped out of the cabin, everyone in the room started looking at me. They were all smiling. Some even beckoned me.

I avoided all of them. Dealing with random people is too tiresome.

I slowly checked out the office.

To my surprise, the office was too luxurious for our place. The employees were all given top-brand computers. The chairs they were sitting in looked really costly. The entire office was airconditioned. There was free coffee and snacks at the cafeteria. There was also a small canteen. I decided to explore the canteen

"Are you madam's son?" I was stopped the moment I entered the canteen.

It was a group of three girls. They were all wearing blue ID cards. They were interns.

"Yes," I answered while nodding. I had found the perfect victims.

_______________________________

Sorry for the short chapters. I decided to publish chapters instead of postponing them.

I am finally a bit free from my busy schedule. So expect more chapters.

Please leave some comments. Thanks a lot.

btw, 'I Got Breastfed Again' might be in the New Delhi World Book Fair 2024. (Feb 10 to 18)