021 Exorcism

Do you remember the arrogant woman I scarred off? The one who kicked Doodu. That day I scolded her and threatened her. Her name was Sheena.

She returned.

She wasn't alone. She brought a priest also with her. It was an old priest my family was familiar with. He had a white long beard.

That wasn't all. She looked horrible. Her hair was a mess and there were dark marks under her eyes.

"What's wrong?" Mom asked her.

"Please listen to me calmly. I think your son needs an exorcism." Sheena replied.

"Ok. Last time I forgave you. But if you continue with this, I will seriously make you regret it." Mom was getting angry.

"No. no. I don't want to make any trouble. Your son is haunted by the ghost of my grandfather. I just want to save him."

Hearing this, mom almost flipped out. But I was laughing inside. I never thought that this stupid lady would return with a priest. On top of that, she even believed that I am her grandfather.

The lady turned towards me and respectfully said. "Grandfather, we don't want to hurt you. We are just trying to show you the path to heaven. Please cooperate."

'She called me grandfather!!!'  It was getting more and more difficult to control my laughter. But mom was truly angry.

"Get the hell out of my house or I will call the police," Mom ordered.

"Riya please calm down. I am just going to bless the baby. There is no harm in that." Seeing that things are going south, the priest interfered.

"Father, if you play along with this stupidity, I won't be polite." Mom threatened the priest.

"Come on... What is the harm in just blessing the baby?"

"You are annoying me." Mom's tone started changing.

I started feeling bad for the priest. If he had known what happened to the cat for hurting Anu and Doodu, the priest would have never come to our home.

Suddenly, mom's phone started ringing. Mom picked up the phone and started talking. From the conversation, it looked like dad was on the other side. After a few seconds, mom turned towards the priest.

"Fine. You can bless him."

"Thank you." He replied and put on his holy robe quickly.

"In the name of the father, the son...." He started praying as soon as he got permission.

All this time, I was struggling to control my laughter. I smiled widely at the priest and he smiled at me.

After a few small prayers, he took a small plastic bottle with holy water and dripped a few drops on my forehead.

Suddenly I had an idea. I innocently grabbed the bottle. Then I brought it to my mouth and started sucking on it.

"..."

The priest was struggling to control his laughter. In his eyes, the baby thought that the holy water bottle was his feeding bottle and started sucking on it.

"Do you still think he is haunted?" Mom asked the lady.

"But please listen to me. He talked to me and said that he is my grandfather who came from the grave to teach me manners."

"But both your grandfathers are alive."

"I know... But what if they are actually not my grandparents?" The lady dragged my mother out of the room to talk.

Once the ladies were out of the room, the priest closed the door and came closer to me.

"Alex baby, please don't be angry with priest uncle. That girl believes you are haunted and she is going mad. Apparently, she was scared by something. If we don't do something, the trauma could make her really mad. So we are holding this drama to calm her down." The priest apologized as he stroked my chubby cheek.

"It's ok. I understand." I replied.

"Huh?" The priest froze for a moment.

'Holy poop! I talked without thinking.' I cursed in my mind.

"AAaahhh..." The priest screamed and jumped up.

He ran to the door. Unfortunately, he had closed the door. So he hit the door and fell down just like Sheena did that day.

He scrambled to his feet. Then he stared at me for a few seconds like a dumb person. Then he opened the door carefully and left silently as if nothing had happened.

I slapped my forehead thinking of my stupidity.

Doodu, who was sitting on the bed also slapped his face with his tiny paw.

"What happened?" I heard mom rushing from outside.

"It's nothing. Just a cockroach." I heard them talking outside.

For unknown reasons, the priest hid the fact that I talked. But my intuition told me that he will be soon back with some bigshot good at exorcism.

This is going to be troublesome.

I came to know the full story later.

That arrogant lady went nuts after I scared her that day. She was having nightmares and losing sleep. So her family took her to a hospital and the psychiatrist came up with the idea of a fake exorcism on me to calm her down.

This sounded a bit like the story of an old movie. Anyway, it worked. Like a great man once said, 'If it works, it ain't stupid.'

The priest lied to her that the exorcism was successful. So, she went home happily.

But for me, the trouble was just starting.

Soon, there will be some professional exorcists coming home.

I have to prepare for them.

____________________________________

As usual, please vote and comment.

Thanks.