071 To School

A month passed quickly. 

The holidays were fun. We played a lot together. Arjun also joined us almost every day. In between, I met Meera's dad. I gave him the 'fog from highrange. At first, he was surprised that I got something for him. But when he heard what it was, his face turned red. Lakshmi aunty and the other elders had a good laugh.

Appa was busy with his job and many changes happened. So mom handled my school admission.

I was excited to go to school.

I spend one eventful year in playschool. It was fun. Now, I was ready to go to the real school. I eagerly waited for the day I could go to school.

Since it is kindergarten, the teachers will be busy handling crying kids. So they would allow the students to sit wherever they want. So I will be able to sit between Meera and Anita.

How many men can actually plan to sit between their girlfriend and wife? I am probably the only one who can pull that off. I am truly a legend.

I was excited by the thoughts of it.

Finally, the day I waited for came.

The school opened on June first. It was raining hard. Dad was at Trivandrum for some political meeting. So mom was the one who was taking us to the school.

There was someone who wasn't happy with everything.

Doodu.

Doodu threw a tantrum. He was sad that we were going to school. He hated school. For him, the school was something that took his siblings away from him. He simply pushed me down and laid on top of me so that I won't be able to leave.

Mom had to scold him and make many promises to make him behave.

I was sad too. We spent the last two months together. We always played together. My favorite way to spend afternoons were to sleep while hugging him. Seperating from him was sad for me too.

But there wasn't anything I could do. After a bit of struggle, mom somehow managed to seperate us and put us all in the car. She then ordered Doodu to go to Arjun's house.

Mom drove us to school. First, we dropped Anuchi in front of her classroom. She was excited to meet her friends after the holidays.

Then she took us to the kindergarten section and accompanied us to the classroom.

Wait.

"Mom, you need not come with me. I can go in on my own. You can go and drop them at the play school. I will behave and stay in class." I told mom pointing at Piya and Pichu who were following me to my class.

They were one year younger than me. They followed me to the playschool because mom thought it would be good for them. Right now, they are a bit too young for kindergarten and they will spend one more year in playschool.

"No. They are coming to the kindergarten." She replied.

"For what?"

"What do you mean? They want to learn too."

"Learn what?" I asked confused.

"Learn to write and read. They are growing up."

"What?? Pichu doesn't even know how to blow his own nose. You should send these two snot faces to the playschool." I protested.

"Achuu..." Pichu called me offended.

"Don't worry. You are a good boy." I consoled him and turned to mom.

"Achu, behave. They will be with you in kindergarten."

"No. You should behave. How can you just throw away your kids? Why are you so irresponsible? You should send these two to the playschool. They are too young to sit with the big boys and girls in kindergarten."