018 Princess's knight

Something huuuge happened today.

Anu and Dog were playing outside with a neighbour's kid and then both of them returned with scratches and injuries.

Mom's face darkened. She stared at Anu for an explanation.

Anu excitedly narrated the story.

"That mean cat returned."

A few weeks ago, dad sent away our cat to his friend who was about 5km away from our house. In return, we got Doodu. But today, the cat returned.

"Then she meow-meowed at me. Doodu got angry and bow bowed at her." Anu continued her story.

According to her, the cat started the fight by meowing at them. Doodu retaliated by barking. She didn't know the word bark. So she used 'bow bow'. It sounded like a very heated argument. I really feel bad for missing the standoff.

"Doodu was losing. So I joined him and bow bowed. Then we started winning and the cat started losing. Hiihihihi... We won...." Anu laughed stupidly and started dancing. Doodu also joined the victory dance.

"Continue," Mom ordered.

"Then the cat got angry. She wanted to kill me. She jumped at me."

According to Anu, the cat had big nails and sharp teeth. It also probably ate lots of meat as it was stronger than before.

But Doodu bravely stood in front of the cat and fought it. The cat was even five times the size of Doodu. So the fight was fierce.

"Doodu jumped here and the cat jumped there."

"She did that. And... and... he did this."

Anu continued her explanation excitedly with actions. It was like the action songs by primary school kids.

"She then scratched my feet. Doodu jumped and bit her ear. Here... I have brought the ear." Anu took out a part of the cat ear from her pocket.

Can you believe it!

Doodu bit off the cat's ear and Anu collected it as a trophy!

Seeing the ear, mom's face darkened even more. She checked Anu's wounds again. There were a few scratches and one bite mark. She checked Doodu's injuries. Doodu obediently stood there.

There were, even more, scratches and bites on him. But he had fur and it hid his injuries.

Mom's face darkened further. There was a faint smell of gun powder in the air. I tried to signal Anu to stop the story. But that stupid was too excited to notice anything.

"Then... then she bit Doodu's neck. So I bit her tail." Anu made a biting action. Then she spat a bit looking for fur in her mouth.

I slapped my forehead. We have to do something about this stupid biting tails. She is the kind of person that would bite back a snake, for it bit her.

"Then she ran away and we came here," Anu concluded her story which lasted almost ten minutes. She placed both her hands on her hips and looked quite proud. Doodu also raised his head and took a victory pose.

Mom was in no mood to enjoy it. She first called dad and told him to come home. Then she cleaned Anu's wounds and applied some spray on them. It stung her and she cried in pain.

Next was Doodu's turn. Mom carefully bathed him. He was very obedient and didn't resist. After drying him, mom put some medicine on him too.

Then she took all of us to our bedroom.

"Both of you stay inside and look after your brother." Mom locked Anu and Doodu inside the room with me and left.

Anu continued checking Doodu's injuries. She also told the entire story again to me.

I didn't say anything. Because I knew that mom had gone looking for the cat. In the eyes of the outsiders, mom was a very gentle elegant woman. But she had another face too. Now, the mean cat is going to see that scary face.

She was gone to send the cat to meet its maker.

______________________

[Will continue in the next chapter.]

Please vote and comment.