Chapter 21

Christin walked inside his chambers angrily. "Christin" I tried to calm him down. "No, just when I thought I could do one thing right, my past came back and laugh at my humorous situation. This was all I wanted to do for a very long and see what is happening now, everything I have worked for is falling apart. 

My whole life I dreamed of having one person for myself. One person who I could call mine." I placed my hands over his face making him look at me. "You have that person here. I am here next to you. And let me tell you this if I have to marry you while fighting with the enemy, I will. Because that is what I want as well."

"You are a brave little thing. Do you know that?" He asked pulling me to him. "I do know, some people find it annoying that I am. They want me to be more domesticated, do what others do. I have heard that I need to become a proper lady who does not yield a weapon to become Lord's wife." "They must no know this then, there is a certain lord who is this lady's lover. And he loves her just as she is. He is looking forward to calling her his wife and..." He pulled back and brought me something.

"What is this Christin?" I asked looking at a book he was carrying. "This is a handmade journal, I wish you to document our adventures in it. This is a pre-wedding gift for you, my love. I think you would love this little token of appreciation." I touched the leatherbound journal. "Who made it?" I asked. His green eyes twinkled with excitement. "Me, I did. I have a similar one which I believe I have left in your possession before coming here. I thought you would have read it by now, knowing you do know how to read very well Katherine."

"It is not the only thing that you had left there Christin. Only I know how I have spent those months without you in that chambers alone in that bed. I have to come to see you, if not I might not be able to find you I would have..." He placed his fingers on my lips silencing me. "No more complaints you have done that. Now I will complain you will listen. You will not talk at all. I don't want to hear any word coming out of those lips of yours. Do you think you are the only person who was suffering? Do you know what condition I was in when I thought you were about to marry James?"

"But I was never..." "Silence little Vixen. All those days I spent in an agony of separation from you. All the time I was burning from within thinking and imagining your face and him next to you. Thinking and imagining how he would be holding you close to him so close like I once did. I thought I have a claim on you. But you had thus proven me wrong little Vixen. I do know you love that, you love proving me wrong." He said caging me in his arms.

"You were suffering, I wanted you to suffer because I was suffering as well. I was suffering thinking how I lost the only person who has dared to speak back to me. Who has dared to stand next to me and hold my hand through it all? I loved you so much then and the thing which was hurting me most was I cannot get to say those words. I never did stood a chance, I thought. And here I kept saying how emotions can be your downfall when not accepting that was mine. I was a fool when I thought you were my vulnerability. The truth is you are my strength. At the end of the day Katherine Davis, the thought of returning back to you gives me the will to stay alive."

I placed my finger on his lips. "Now, now Mr. Rodriguez some things you shall leave for later. We are going to be wedded soon. What are you going to do then?" He led me to the bed and then made me sit down. He placed his head on my lap lying down. "Not going to complain that is one thing." "And what else?" I asked looking at him.

 "Do this every day once I come home from my work." I pushed him away. "So, I am going to be doing what everyone does the household works yes?" He smiled. "That is what maids are for love. You are the lady of the house. You need not do anything other than to accompany me wherever I wish you to be. Besides, I will worry where your wonderous feet will take you next. That is bad for my heart and my mind."