Chapter 13

We both looked at each other in spite of my injury by duty as his protector keeping me up right and my and was clutching my dragger too. I cannot just abandon him for my personal hatred for him can I? 

It is just so wrong and I do not want him to suffer because of my foolishness. He looked at the door hearing the knock again. And he nodded at me. I am ready whenever you are Mr. Rodriguez that is if you are ready for it.

He walked towards the door covering me with his body. "Mr. Rodriguez..." "Stay back Miss Davis you are hurt, and in no position to defend anyone." I know but I also am in an oath that I took as his protector to defend him with expense to my life. 

How can I ignore that? Even after everything he had did, everything that he tried to do, everything that I had faced for him, still that oath is keeping me upright in spite of being injured.

"I am your protector... I cannot just let you rush into something dangerous without..." "Well I am your lover, what do you think I will do, let you rush in foolishly without thinking it twice?" He asked. Yes? The knock came in urgently.

 "Fine, then we both do together and we face everything that thus comes our way." I said placing my hand over the doorknob. And minutes later his hand was on over it too.

"I am going on with you Miss Davis since I have nothing better to do at this point. And we cannot argue that whoever this is, he or she seems to be in very much hurry Miss Davis. We shall not keep our guest waiting." And we both opened up the door. 

We haven't expecting a royal messenger, well I wasn't to knock at the door with such an urgency. Seeing him all I can think about was the Prince, Lance introduced me to when I came here and how he promised to see me again.

But this wasn't for me. I knew as soon as I felt Mr. Rodriguez relax beside me. And also when he turned around and said "Why don't you go on with interviews love, I have something I need to finish, I will join you soon and after that we will visit the city. I am sure you will love that, after all you did came here to share few quiet moments with me."

 And I knew when all the women glared at me that, they had heard that loud and clear. And the last straw was when he kissed my forehead before leaving with the royal guard.

"Next" I said going through the papers. Why it had to be me? why? I never did like to sit and wait for things to happen. But somehow, Mr. Rodriguez makes me do just that, sit and wait no exceptions to this. 

But I wonder what he might have been doing with a royal guard there is something going on here in Paris, something he is not shared with anyone. Not even Ibrahim which makes me wonder where that seven-foot sabre yielding man had gone to. He is not that hard to notice.

"Tell me what is that you desire to achieve Madame Barbosa, is it?" "Call me Jennet, and what else we all are here to achieve, to get attention of Monsieur Rodriguez, he is what we call a fine gentleman. Perfect for a lady like me." 

Am I conducting interviews for the Opera house performers or for the potential future Mrs. Rodriguez? I have a suspicion that he had given me this task just to torment me further. And he knew something like this will happen. "Very well do you have any singing training Madame?" I asked.

"Yes, I have received some vocal training and then she started to sing in her high-pitched voice. I don't know how my ears haven't fallen off by listening to her. I was very sure that my ears would be bleeding by now. But they are sturdier than they look thankfully.

 "I will let you know why do not you wait outside?" I asked. She stood up and gave me a smile that say she is up to no good. And I can say all that negativity was directed upon me.