Chapter 29

I woke up on an empty bed covered in sheets. My body protested pain spreading everywhere as I tried to get up and make heads and tails of the place, I was in. Soon the chamber maids came inside. "Why does this place look familiar?" I questioned myself. Then I realised it is the house at Somerset, the one father was talking about giving away.

But wait, I have no recollection of the memories of being here at all. Yet, I recognize it. How do I recognize this?

"Mistress, Mr. Rodriguez had sent us to get you ready for the day, shall we draw you a warm bath?" I nodded. And then let them do their work as I pulled on a robe. Still feeling the effect of Mr. Rodriguez's touch on me. It is something I can never get enough of. I touched the pendant I was wearing it was something he brought for me when I returned from Egypt.

How I never noticed that he noticed these things about me? I have no idea that he did.

I was getting dressed when I heard the footsteps entering my room. I stopped as I felt his hand over my back. "You are looking beautiful love" However, he was a little tense still. "What is it?" I asked again. "You know your elder sister Genevieve is not someone I like but then too, I do not want anything bad to happen to her." He told me softly.

"What are you planning then? Tell me." He smirked. And let me tell you this when he smirks like that, it means something very bad is about to happen to someone very soon. "Don't you like to find out my little vixen?" He pushed my dress up. I looked with an alarmed expression because the door was wide open.

"Mr..." he leaned and placed a kiss over my thigh. "You look beautiful, my love. I could not resist at all. I could not resist not having you like this. Count this one for victory, my love." He said looking at me with that mischievous smile in his eyes. "The door is not locked." I am already aroused. His one touch was enough for that. "Yes, and your point is?" He asked pulling back. "Someone can come and see us in the middle of a very intimate act, you do not wish to be caught with your pants down, your excellency," I told him. He smiled, he actually smiled. "That makes it more interesting, seeing how exhilarating it will be if someone catches up, while I am pleasuring you, my love."

"You are impossible" I complained. "So, I have told, many, many times. Now I will be quick then I have to go down, so stay still."

No one came in our way for the time being when he was as he said pleasuring me, or himself for that matter. I am now fully dressed and two guns one knife and other little things resting hidden inside my dress, curtsy of Mr. Rodriguez.

As I move down the stairs, I saw the whole place had transformed into a fairytale palace of illusion that makes me want to lose my breakfast for some reason. It is too pink, and white and all those colors that my sister loves so much for some reason. And what's more, Lady Bridget Thatcher was next to Mr. Rodriguez once again.

What does she have on him? Why cannot he push her away? Because I am not going to stop myself now from driving my sword to her heart and ripping it out till she screams her last.

"You had missed an opportunity" I looked at Captain William Mackintosh. He was a cunning man, balding, aging but still a cunning man. "Pardon, I must have heard it incorrectly, what do you mean?" I asked.

"You could be living a life full of luxury by my son's side. A proper lady, her days filled with comfort. But here, your sister Genevieve got that. What do you have? A man that could be disloyal to you at any moment of given time"

This is uncanny, how can every person I meet warns me against Mr. Rodriguez? I mean... none of them thought we can be together and be happy. "You have not seen it, the look of determination in his eyes, like I have. Christin Ace Rodriguez, he is a man with one mission, and he will destroy everything in his path to get to it." I looked at them again. They looked good together, don't they?