Chapter 2

The morning light brightened up the whole chamber. I was still sitting down clutching my dragger to me. After last night I don't know if it was alright to sleep in here without having any consequences. I am afraid, so much. And that was not just for me, I am afraid for Mr. Rodriguez, who is still very much unaware of all these happenings here. I can imagine if he was here when it had happened. He would have locked me in and himself , probably he would have used me as a bait.

A smiled spread across my face thinking about him. How much I miss him, how much it hurts when I think about him. How much it hurts, inside thinking he may never ever be near me or hold me in his arms. We may never embark on the journey to find some ancient city of gold. Or chase some ancient pyramids. Or he may never again teach me how to operate any new weapon. I can never spent any other night under the stars watching them shine like pretty diamonds.

Or maybe we never ever share another dance, have another fight, and... I cried yet again. His not being here is too much for me. I cannot just wait anymore. I need to find him. I need to have him beside me. I need him, so much. So much... I promise Christin I will not fight ever again, if you just give me one chance to explain just one last chance. I cannot take it anymore. This loneliness, it is killing me little by little. It is and I am just...

I heard a knock on the door. "My Lady, your guests have arrived." I heard Abe's voice. He was standing guard all night? Isn't he? I wonder if this man sleeps ever. "I will be down there, please tell maids to assist them." I said and I heard his footsteps leave as they have come. I pulled myself up, it pains, I saw why when I changed my clothes. There are bruises lining all over my body.

I gasped touching the bruises, it was hurting me too much. I pulled my dress in place, this is no time to dwell on past, I need to prepare for my guest as the lady of this manor. I walked down towards the sitting area, probably Ibrahim was keeping them company but he was not much of a talker. I walked past the room that lead to the basement. One which he always kept me away from. Even when I have the keys I didn't dare dwell on the chance of finding out about what secrets it contains.

I do not wish to disturb anything so that he gets his house back as he left it. I am also going to return this manner papers to him. What use I have of this? I have a home with servants and maids to wait on my hands and legs day and night. I don't need to be Lady of this manor anymore.

Good excuse Kathy, why don't accept that this is too much for you to bear his memories are lying on every corner and it is too much for you to take.

I walked towards them James and Dana, they sure looked lovely. Specially Dana, she was glowing. This means James is keeping her happy. I walked towards them Ibrahim looked at me bowed and disappeared somewhere. Dana pulled me into a hug, I winced. Making her gasp. "Are you alright sister?" She asked. "Yes, I am fine." I told her, it is definitely not true.

"You told me you have a proposal Lady Katherine." James sounded so cold, so formal, so distant, almost like... No, I cannot think about Christin now, I just cannot. Dana looked at him and I saw a blush coating around her cheek. At least one of us is happy. "James, you told me you will try haven't you?" Dana said looking at him. What is she talking about? Is it possible that I am reading their situation very much wrong? James closed his eyes taking a deep breath and then he opened them and looked at Dana. He nodded looking at her.

"We heard last night you have been attacked" James said as we sat in study. It looks like he had decorated this place up to his liking, again I felt like an invader. "I am fine, thank you for asking James." I said. "Here are this month's financial statements, of the empire" Why is he giving me this? "So, you don't know that he had given you his empire too?" Why? Why Christin? I never asked for this, I wanted you, not your money. Never your money. "I don't know first thing about running a business, what should I do with this?" I asked him.