Chapter 1

I stood at the side of Thames looking over the boats sail by. It had been two months since he left. Since I have saw him last. I have been alone in that mansion he supposedly left for me and James. James was too much heartbroken to talk to me. At least he got married just not to me.

I couldn't make myself do it. The ties I share with Mr. Rodriguez was too strong to be cut down easily; but I am too late to understand that. I am too late to understand what he actually means to me. And now I am afraid I have lost him. I don't know where he is right now. I have no way of finding out where he could be. He didn't tell me.

"My Lady," I turned around to see Ibrahim remain in his position still watching over me. "Are you ready to get back to the mansion?" What more I have to do, standing here wishing that he knows about me. Wishing that I can once more be reunited with him. Wishing I could tell him what I couldn't last time. That I... "My Lady the sun is almost setting, it is not safe for you to be here." He said. What more can I do?

I walked towards the lonely mansion. He might be thinking I was so happy in my married life when in reality... I looked at my ring finger and I saw his ring still proudly shining over my finger. I belonged with him, no one else I wish he had let me say this, one last time. Not misunderstanding me and let me talk. Just one last time. "My lady the supper is served" And then there are the servants, he spared no expense making sure I have a comfortable life here.

I will choose him over everything in a heartbeat. I sat through my meal, just thinking about him, how he always forced me to eat, force fed me if it comes to that, how reluctant I was to trust him with anything. All this place have a memory of him, everywhere I look I see him, his face had never left my mind. "My lady, is the food is not up to your liking?" The servant asked me. "No, it is good, I am just not hungry much" Like most of the days.

"Do you have any letters for me?" I asked. They shook their head in no. He left me no return address, nothing to contact him. It was like he don't wish to see me again anywhere near him. "Ok, I will take my leave now, thank you for this lovely meal." I told them. I walked to my Chambers, no it was his chambers, I felt bad being here, it makes me cry. Almost every night.

I took his shirt and softly brushed my fingers along the fabric. It smells so much like him and it brings tears to my eyes. I lit a candle over the writing desk. I have accidently found an address to Paris, I thought maybe there he was, And I wrote to him, but I stopped myself thinking what if he didn't even looked at my letter? What if he already forgotten me? Forgotten what we shared.

My hand moved over the paper as I dipped the quill in ink.

Dear Christin,

I hope this letter finds you, and that wherever you are, you still are the same intimidating man I have once known. And that you are not taking any unnecessary risk that I am not there to protect you and you left Ibrahim too, so you don't have any of your protectors.

I will not be offended if you didn't read this, I know you are hurt, and I am the reason. But it wasn't my intention. I was not trying to hurt you. I wish I could have told you before what I had in my mind. I wish you would have listened before reaching on the conclusion. What you saw wasn't true. I never intended for it to happen.

If you never wish to see me again I would understand, but please if you find this letter respond so that I know, for the satisfaction of my heart, that you are alright, and not in any trouble. Because if something happen to you, I cannot forgive myself ever. Please try and reply if you can.

And if you find it in your heart, forgive me for hurting you, I apologize from the bottom of my heart for everything I did to you. I was solely responsible for your leaving  this country and I admit I was too caught up in my own world to see before it was too late. I was hurt by your words, but what hurt me more is not having you here by my side.