Chapter 25

I walked to the deck as the sun dawned upon our journey. I was returning back to my home. And I have the one I love with me. Now, no matter what happens next, whoever we face, whichever battle we have to fight, he and I will be together for it. "Tight those ropes men" I heard him order. "Just because your captain is out of order does mean you are too slack."

"The captain of the ship is here and can take care of her ship, thank you very much, Mr. Rodriguez." He looked at me and said "Those clothes look good on you Captain" He handed me a long glass. "How much further?" I asked. "We will dock by evening," he told me. "And the welcoming party?" I asked. "I assure you that Lance took care of that already. We will be going to our house in London from there we will travel to Somerset." "How did you..." I paused.

"Mr. Rodriguez, when you will learn that you shall not read other's personal letters?" I asked. "My Love, there shall be no secrets in between husband and wife." He said holding my hand and interlacing our fingers together. "No, but do you follow that advice, Mr. Rodriguez?" I asked. "I try to do that now, I have you, my love. I try not to be as I was before" "Cold-hearted cruel brute?" I asked. "I prefer to be called resourceful, cunning, and smart. But when you call me that love, it feels like a compliment. I cannot wait to get home."

He is looking like a carefree boy, not the most dangerous man in all of Britain, not some business mogul. He is happy. He looks so, he looks so peaceful. "And you will go to your office building, to work and make yourself rich again. It is what you do Mr. Rodriguez." "Do I? I was planning on getting some rest. Perhaps have a nice dinner with you and gather gifts for your dear sister and mother. After all, I am your to-be husband. And it is my duty to gift her nice things too." I do not like how he is planning it all.

"Nice house you must have got in Somerset," he said looking at the horizon. "I do not know if we own any house in Somerset. It came as a surprise to me as well. Father never mentioned it to me." "Probably because it is his secret to be kept. Something precious to him only. I would understand, I know not every secret is not meant to be told." He was still holding the letter. From the pocket of his waistcoat, he pulled out his golden pocket watch.

"We have two days' time, Mistress Rodriguez to gather our intel and the truth about this wedding. Who is going to do what, what the groom is gaining, and what benefit it has to the mother of the bride? Keep your dragger sharp and get your best dress. And maybe we would be offered a beautiful room in the estate of Somerset." He placed the watch back down.

"You certainly have no shame. It would be my family which would be present there." "And half of them wants you dead, so my love your point is?" I sat on his lap. I always know he found it pleasurable to have me close. 

"You cannot always do the things you do when we are at our house, not everyone would approve of us sleeping into the same bed together before we got married." "But we are married to each other. We had our wedding night in that hut, so we have consummated it as well." I chuckled. "You were half dead and affected by the poison. I heard it affects your thoughts or why would you go and marry Lady Norrington?" I asked.

"Her father owns this very large state and she is a duchess, marrying her would gain me a reputation in the British monarchy. I always think carefully about my investments Katherine dear." I tried to stand up. "I should have let her kill you," I said angrily. "I thought you are the one who was supposed to kill me with that family heirloom of yours. If not me then you can always kill your sister's fiancé." He offered.

I tried to pull back but he kept holding me. "Stay Katherine, let me be close to you. Moments like this are too precious for me to lose. Now, let me see you, let me memorize you." I pushed his hand away. "We need to prepare for docking." "Your crew is doing it as we expect them to." He told me. Now Katherine please, let me." He said and placed a kiss on my temple.