Chapter 5

His brown eyes twinkled with happiness. "How could I not be here? Christin told me to come whenever you are in trouble my lady. And he is a good friend. And his requests are something I can never ever decline" He said. Connell Lance was as I saw him months ago. He took my hand in his and kissed on the back of my palm leading me away from the crowds.

"Have you heard from him? I know he is in France, but It is a big country. I don't know if I am brave enough to find him." I said looking down. As the days passing by so, is my hope. "If I know something about him it is this, he is not the one to run away Katherine, he knows better than to back away from a fight." I don't know if this one fight he is fighting or I am.

"Miss, we meet again" I heard his voice the one person I do not wish to see in the sea of people. But unfortunately, I always get stuck with high and mighty types.

You attract the attention of the wrong crowd Katherine.

A laugh escaped my mouth baffling both men in front of me. However, both of them had different expression regarding my behavior. "You find my presence here funny My Lady?" Mr. Crawford asked. I am glad that you understood it yourself. "You have remembered something didn't you dear?" Connell Lance asked. "How well adapted you are to my behaviors' dear, no wonder we are made for each other" I played along. "If not me then who will be? After all we are getting married once we reach France. Like I promise you Dear"

"So, this is the one who is the person you are marrying?" He didn't like it I know. He didn't like me getting out of his reach. But he cannot do anything about it. I already belong to someone and there is nothing he can do that will change it ever. Nothing, he will do to will change it. "Yes, I am marrying him. Lord Crawford, I appreciate that you let us enjoy our trip together." He looked at us from head to toe and then nodded. "Congratulations then, I hope you have a happily married life ahead"

After he left, I breathed in relief. "He was intimidating, I must say My lady." Intimidating is not a word I will describe him. He is just plainly a horrible person. "I am not sure he is going to take this well enough as he is not the one to accept defeat." I said. "I am here with you for rest of the trip Katherine, I don't think he will try and harm you in any way while your fiancé is here with you." I am afraid some people don't just stop until they get what they are looking for. And you might just get caught up in middle of all this.

"I don't know, if he will regard this fact that you are here with me." "Lady Davis, let me take care of that, now that I am here, should you not offer me a dance?" I nodded holding his hand. He laid me towards the middle of the room and we slowly danced. I don't know why I feel this all should be happening with someone else, someone who is different, someone who was mine. But right now, I can only have what I can get. First priority of mine is to get to France safely. And right now, that seems to be a problem.

"You are thinking something very hard Katherine, I suggest you don't. remember this you not always have to be responsible for everything, you not always have to do everything alone. We are here to help you. We are your friends. Me and Christin both, we are here for you and your sister and James too no matter how much he denies it. He still is your friend, and he will always come to help you when in need" I doubt it, after what happen between us, he will even consider doing anything to help me. I know he is angry at me but I only wish what Connell Lance had been assuming is true to its last word.

After we finish our dance, we both bowed and curtsied and then I walked towards the sitting area when someone stopped me. "I believe my lady you owe me a dance." I looked into Green eyes of Crawford, it was so familiar, yet so different. As if I was looking at two sides of a coin. "I am tired with all that is going on Lord Crawford, and now I have my fiancé here, I would like to spend some alone time with him..." He pulled me closer and took me towards the centre of the room yet again.