Chapter 12

I got up and stood beside him. "I got what coming my way Mr. Rodriguez?" I asked. What is it that you thought was coming my way?"

 "Everything you have faced since you arrived here, the heart break, the sense of betrayal, insecurity, rage, madness, everything you needed to face all of them, you needed to know how it feels to have the one thing you thought was yours slipping away from you. You needed to feel everything I had felt knowing you were about to marry my best friend"

I slapped him hard. "It was your revenge? All of it? The wedding, the way you behaved with her, it was all a part of your cruel plan to make me realize how you felt? How you felt? Do you know what I have been through? Do you know the kind of hell you put me through all these months? Do you have any idea how I was?"

 "In comfort because I kept you in such, with maids waiting on your hands and foot and guards always ready to protect their mistress. You were given every possible comfort fit for a queen Katherine because my heart will not allow me to give you any less than that."

I tried to slap him again this time he caught my hand pinning me on the bed. "Do not strike me again Little Girl. Or I will forget that we are civilized people here or that you are hurt." I tried to push him away. 

"you are hurting me Mr. Rodriguez" I said. "Am I hurting you more than you had hurt me? you have taken everything I thought I had, you have shown me the light and then cruelly enough took it away from me. Again, forcing me in the darkness I thought I have somehow left behind." He told me. 

"And that is what you did to me Katherine Davis, that is how much you have hurt me, stabbed me in the back when I wasn't looking. But see my dilemma, I cannot even think about hurting you a bit, see it, can you see how you have broken me piece by piece?"

"Kill me then, and take your revenge Christin if you think it will heal your broken soul, you can have it in your hand, put that dragger through my heart and you will feel content, in peace because I am the one who had come into your life like whirlwind Storm everything in my path." He pulled back. 

"I cannot Katherine, I cannot harm you, I can never forgive myself if something happens to you. Even if you were far, you still have given me something no one else have Katherine Davis and it was why I cannot even think about harming you or let anyone harm you"

"If I am giving you nothing but pain will it not be better if I was not here anymore in your life? Why save me and feel that agony and Pain? If I am hurting you, you should eliminate the reason that is giving you this much pain." 

"And the hope that you give little Vixen is worth the pain and suffering I have to get to have it." He whispered touching my face. I pulled his hand away. "Don't touch me Mr. Rodriguez. Don't, haven't you done enough? It was you who misunderstood me. It was you who had assumed I was marrying your best friend. It was you who left me alone there fending for myself when I needed you the most amongst strangers. And you are telling me you were hurt because of me?" I asked.

"You didn't even let me complete my words before you left. Yes, you have done plenty, you have always misunderstood me. It always has to be what you say and what you do, it is like I do not matter. I do not exist in your world Mr. Rodriguez." I looked away from him. 

I cannot take it anymore between trying to protect my father and his wealth from my step mother, to giving my sister one better life and at the same time trying to save Mr. Rodriguez from his enemies again and again I am losing what I was. I cannot take it anymore. I cannot just take it anymore.

It is always like fire and ice between us. One time when we were smiling and now, we are just having disagreement after disagreement. I cannot just believe how we always end up like this. "It is late we should both rest tonight Mr. Rodriguez and regain our strength, there is no point in fighting unnecessarily is it?" I asked.