Chapter 4

Next morning the carriage was waiting to take us to the docs from where we can board our ship. Dana and James were in the first Carriage and I was with Ibrahim in the second one. This is the journey I wish I would have made with someone else, but it wasn't meant to happen was it? Sometimes we have to learn the hard way the meaning of having some people in our lives and this is how I am learning.

London dock was in view and hundreds of people are saying goodbye to their loved ones. Some are happy that they are meeting someone they had not seen in a long time. And some are sad thinking when they will return back to this place they call home.

Home, It is such a foreign concept

I accessed the situation and like many ladies out there I too was one of them, looking the same. But I was just pretending to be this. I am not this, a high end, snobbish aristocrat. No I never wanted to be in the company of all these ladies and first class gentlemen. Knowing that they will never ever accept me for what I am truly. They can never understand me fully. Only one can and I can only hope to find him in time.

"MY Lady, it is time." I nodded. Ibrahim got my luggage and I held one of my gloved hand as he helped me out. "That is our ship?" I asked. "Yes My Lady, that is correct." I saw the beauty before me and it stir up many memories of the first time, I ever boarded a ship. Most of which were he a part of. "That is a great ship, Sister, come on let's go" James didn't looked at me again. I know he was angry at me. I too will be angry at myself for all I did. I am responsible for it all. And if something does happen to him...

"Kathy are you alright?" I nodded. I must not think about him. I must not think ill about him. It is wrong of me to think something like that. He is I-am-invincible Rodriguez, no way anything can happen to him can it?

Yes, he is almost invincible, like made of Iron.

I walked towards the gates of the Vessel, the one which I don't have board by sneaking on to the boat and one boat with a right ticket. It made me smile and then there is this feeling of guilt somewhere inside. Though I don't know why I am feeling like this. Maybe I can reason with it? Maybe it is because I do not deserve these memories of his? Maybe it is something else.

"All the servants will go to third class Miss that is what our captain had ordered" That sentence brought me back to present. "He is not my servant he is my protector; you do not want a lady to be without her protection in this massive vessel on such a long journey where anything can happen do you?" I asked not backing down. "My Lady we have lots of guards to protect all of you, once you board this vessel" The man said. "You know, how I don't trust your guards? I have to reach my destination and there cannot be anything hindering that, I need my protector to stay with me."

"So My Lady doesn't thinks that we can protect her?" I turned around to see the same man from yesterday. I stiffen, so did Ibrahim. He took my hand and placed a kiss on top of my palm. "Nice to see you again, My Lady, though I am disappointed that you do not trust us to keep you safe till you reach your destination." I pulled my hand back. "I am sorry that you think this Sir, but I do not wish to be dependent on anyone. Besides, I have someone I already can rely on to keep me safe, now and forever." I said.

He turned around and looked at the guard. "Let the lady and her Servant go, make sure he too have someplace to stay on the first class." "But Sire, the Captain..." The man held his hand. "I am ordering you to do this, or you do not like to have a job to feed you?" He is threatening him and I can see that red leather whip by his side. That bring out all the horrible memories I had kept inside. "I understand Sire, I will see what I can do." The guard said almost shivering. He isn't a man whom people respect he is the man who people fear.