Chapter 7

Connell Lance and I left the mansion in middle of night so that no one knows where we are going not even Ibrahim. This one thing I need to do on my own. I cannot let anyone do this for me and when I meet Mr. Rodriguez I need to confront him myself. 

"Why you leave Ibrahim behind? He is your protector after all?" He asked. "I do not wish to endanger his life more than I already did; Abe is not just a protector but a friend as well. I do not want to risk his life going on this quest." I said.

"But did you ever think if they find out that you left without saying goodbye specially Ibrahim then it will hurt him to great length not to mention that doctor told you to get some rest." He said. "Since when do I listen to reason? I was always the reckless one. It is very likely that I am the one taking this risk not anyone else." I told him. "Still Katherine there are people who cares and for those people you do matter more than you think"

Who are you talking about exactly?

"When you meet him, will you let him know?" He asked. "Let him know what?" "The ship and you're almost dying?" He clarified. "Depends on his and I's present situation, what I will let him know. I will let him know something, but I am not exactly sure that this is the thing I want him to know. If he already has someone in his life then it does not matter if I live or die. It will all be the same for him" I said looking at him.

"you think so wrong Katherine, you apparently don't know Christin very well, or you are denying the truth that you do matter in his life" Not as before I am afraid Connell Lance. And all my life I have given myself false hope. I do not wish to do that now, not with Christin. I will tell him what I have learned, I will warn him and I will protect him with my life if I have to. But him and me? It depends on him, if he is willing to forgive me and accept me as I am, willing to open up to me, with no more secrets and no more lies.

"You should get some sleep. It will take us some time to reach to Paris." I rather just stay alert and awake because you never ever know who will be following you. And in my case, I have many enemies who have ill intentions regarding me. 

"Sleep Katherine, I am here for you, I will protect you. If anything happens, I will wake you up. I promise" He said looking into my eyes sincerely. I wanted to trust his words but I cannot, I do not want any harm to befall him. He too is my friends and I do not want my friend to suffer for me.

The morning sun felt warm on my face. I looked up and saw his smiling face. "Christin" I whispered. "Yes, My Love. How are you liking our day so far?" I saw I was lying on the soft grass and my head was on to his lap. "It is Lovely" I whispered. "I am glad you liked it. I was planning it for a while knowing that I cannot give you much time after our marriage and you started to resent me for it, haven't you love?" he asked.

"Oh Christin how can I resent you? I love you so much" He took my hand in his and placed a kiss on my finger holding his ring. The ring that proves I am married to him. And then there was this shadow. I looked up but it was too late. Christin was bleeding his white silk shirt soaked with Crimson blood.

"Christin" I cried, "I am sorry Love, forgive me, but I cannot be with you any longer as I promised. I am so sorry" No Christin no, please no, please don't leave me, please I am so alone without you. I am so alone and I do not know what to do. Please come back, come back to me.

"Katherine wake up you are dreaming" I woke up and frantically begin to look for Christin. "Christin, where are you? Where are you" Lance stopped me. "You were dreaming, he is fine wherever he is and you will see him tonight. I promise you that" Yes right, Mr. Rodriguez is not here with me. He is somewhere and I need to find him soon. "where am I?" I asked. "In Paris in an inn. I brought you in because you were sleeping. You looked so tired and I didn't wish to wake you up"