Seumul-Dul (스물둘)

We all sat in the living room being briefed by their manager. After our episode last night the company decided to push up the reveal date and will be holding a press conference in one week, a week before the guys go on their month long vacation from work.

I listened but my mind was racing with a thousand thoughts and I couldn't focus like I should have but I got the gist of what was going to happen. It made me nervous. Before, I was all for revealing us and letting the chips fall where they may but now that it was finally going to happen I was scared, mostly for myself. I'm not famous, I barely take photos because I don't want any unnecessary attention and soon I will be thrusted in the claws of the public and media.

"Any questions?" Sejin clapped his hands, jolting me from my thoughts. I raised my hand

"Umm do I have to be on the stage with them? I'm not sure I can handle that much attention" Yoongi rubbed my arm, he and I sat on the floor and I was sitting between his legs.

"We will do our best to prepare you for it Ms. Choi but to answer your question, yes you will need to be standing with them" Sejin replied with a sympathetic look on his face. I nodded to show I understood

"Okay, thanks" Yoongi's arms wrapped around me making me feel less anxious

"You will be great baby, we will be there with you every step of the way"

"I can try to request that they limit their questions to you if you think that will help" The manager offered

"I think that would be a good idea" Namjoon spoke up

"Alright. That's everything I have for you all today and I will see you in two days back at work"

With Sejin gone it was now just me and the guys sitting in silence. Jin's parents only stayed for a few hours once they knew he was safe and would be returning to work in a couple of days. I briefly met them and it was no wonder where Jin got his looks from, the whole family is gorgeous.

I got up to get some water, grabbing a few extra bottles in case any of them wanted one. I returned to see Jin standing up with his hands on his hips and chewing his bottom lips. I passed out the bottles and was about to sit back down with Yoongi when Namjoon grabbed my wrist.

"Jin has something to say, sit here please"

"Oh, okay" I sat on the sofa where Jin was previously sitting and looked up at him, he looked like he was about to cry and it made me sad.

I don't know why it did but even if he hates me I can't feel that way about him. I pray that with time he will at least accept me.

"I am so, so sorry for the way I have been acting towards you" he started which took me by surprise

Damn, I didn't think prayer worked that fast.

"I haven't been myself lately and I was taking it out on you which is wrong and I am really sorry about it but I do have a reason and I hope you understand"

"Oh, it's okay Jin thank you for the apology but you do need to explain" I fidgeted with my fingers unable to look at him for fear that I might burst into tears

He took a step toward me, placing his finger under my chin he tipped my head back "Yes I do, just hear me out"

I nodded now, unable to speak with him so close. He took a deep breath and blinked slowly before exhaling then he started explaining everything from the beginning. My mind was racing trying to keep with his explanation and put the pieces where they belonged. He's known about me, this whole time. For almost twelve years Jin has known who I am and where I was but never tried to find me. That stung a little but I soon got over it when he explained his health situation. I felt bad for putting him through that even though it was involuntary.