Maheun-Yeoseot (마흔여섯)

"Baby!"

"Yeah?"

"Let's go, we're going to be late" Taehyung yelled

"Coming!" I screamed back from upstairs. Jungkook was having fun fluffing my hair "Are you done back there?"

"Yes!" his big eyes peek over the top of my voluminous coils "it's so big and soft and bouncy" he giggled, stretching a curl only for it to spring back into formation.

I gloss my lips and stand up from his gaming chair leading the way downstairs. When we reached the landing, I noticed everyone was already there waiting for us.

"You ready?" Yoongi asked with raised brows

"I guess I am" I shimmied the jitters away, but my heartbeat had accelerated. I wasn't sure what Mi-Kyung had to say to me, but I found myself curious.

I was very happy my soulmates could join me; I knew I would not be able to sit through this evening alone in the presence of that woman. I was going to need their help to keep me calm and sane.

I rode with Namjoon, Yoongi, and Hoseok- a physical, emotional and mental connection- Hobi drove us, and I rode in the back with Yoongi leaving Joon in the front to keep our driver company. I could have just had Seokjin with me, but I didn't want to exhaust him so early in the night.

"Are you nervous?" Yoon asked, holding my hand

"Not really, I admit that I am curious as to what she has to say but still mostly angry. I don't know if I'll be able to make it through this night without exploding in her face." I answered truthfully "She ruined my life by being selfish and I just can't get over that"

He squeezed my hand "Do you think she's going to apologize?"

"She might" I shrugged "Probably"

"Do you think you might ever be able to forgive her?" Hoseok asked, coming to a stop at a red light

"I don't think so. I missed out on having my family because of her, I was supposed to be with both of my moms, my dad and my siblings, and that's not a transgression I can forgive after a few months, if at all"

Hoseok hummed and our car went silent. I was grateful for the quiet, it gave me the chance to try to prepare myself for dinner. I still had mixed feelings about going because I'm always happy to spend time with my brother and sister, but they know I don't like their mother and I fear my feelings towards her will strain our relationships with each other. We haven't known each other for a long time but I do enjoy having and bonding with my siblings especially since I missed out on these interactions for my entire life. I hated putting them in the middle of this war, but it was impossible for them to avoid it without choosing sides, if they did, I expected them to favor their mother.

My mind zipped all over the place, memories of my mom then my dad replayed from when we were a family.  For eleven years my dad was my world, we had a great bond. He was the parent that picked me up from school most days and always had a snack waiting for me. He and my mom would take turns reading me stories before bed, both doing the voices of the characters to make me laugh. My dad loved me, and I loved him so much and from the day he left until now I still felt intense heartache because of his choice.

I have asked why over and over again for years, thinking it was something I did-that I made him leave- during the most critical time of my young life I was without the man I loved most in the world, my father. Then to find out that the cause behind his leaving was someone that was supposed to love me and care for me as my third parent was a devastating blow. That fact is constantly on my mind, reminding me that my parents didn't leave me, instead they were taken from me. How could I ever forgive the person that robbed me on such a grand scale?