SwinHana (쉰하나)

I couldn't move.

Time stopped, it had to have because everything moved in super slow motion around me. Dizziness took me and I stumbled back until I hit a wall and slid down it. At that moment time sped up to normal as everyone rushed me, Taehyung leading the charge. He grabbed my hands and squeezed them hard which made me focus on him instead of sinking in the tsunami of thoughts crashing around my head. Even though I was nowhere near an open body of water I felt as if I was suffocating, drowning from the inside from the words unsaid.

"Baby look at me, look at me" Taehyung shouted over the clamoring of voices. My eyes darted over his face unable to zero on one feature, his pupils tried to follow mine to lock me in but too many people were hovering and speaking at the same time

My mom is alive.

"Ma-ri, I know this is a grenade but it's true, she's been alive all these years in a coma. She woke up on her own last night" Dr. Moon began explaining which encouraged everyone else to be quiet. "You have a million and one questions and in time they'll be answered, I promise, but right now I need you all to come with me."

"Where are we going and what about our mother?" Minji asked, "One of us has to stay with her"

"She's coming with us and we're going to my private research facility, there's someone you all need to meet"

In less than an hour Mi-kyung was ready for transport. Minsu rode with her and Minji was well enough to drive so Jimin volunteered to ride with her so that wasn't in the car alone and the rest of us piled into our cars. Dr. Moon led the way; we drove for a while to the outskirts of Seoul to a rural area full of farmland. From what I could see it was a small community with some modernization. My head rested on Jin's shoulder as he held my hand, our fingers weaved together like a basket.

The vehicles maneuvered up a winding road carefully until we reached a grassy area that spread for several meters then opened up to a leveled concrete slab with a 5-story building taking up most of it. We drove around the grassland, on a path that led to the facility. A parking structure came into view so we all followed Dr. Moon's luxury brand car into the underground garage. The transport van veered to the left as we made a slight right and parked in a line of free spaces.

Everything felt surreal, like I was having an out of body experience. I knew I was walking but I couldn't feel my legs moving. I knew I was breathing but I couldn't grasp the air inflated and deflated my lungs. I knew I was awake, but the moment felt like a dream.

I stopped in the middle of a hallway, halting Yoongi who was holding my hand. "What's wrong?" He asked

"I- how do I know this is real?" I stuttered "How-how can my mom be alive? She...she shot herself, I saw the life go out of her"

"It is real Ma-ri, we're almost there and then you can see for yourself" Dr. Moon said. I nodded and started walking again

A few more minutes of walking and a very quiet elevator ride down to the sub levels we arrived at a reception desk. A handsome older man wearing navy blue scrubs sat behind it looking studious with his glasses perched on his nose, the computer screens reflected in them. The man looked to his right and smiled warmly at us.

"Hey Dr. Moon, we have Mrs. Choi in place and Minsu is waiting for you all with Sienna"

"Thank you, Julio," he tapped the desktop

"You're welcome"

Yoongi squeezed my hand then brought it to his lips, kissing my knuckles. I was shaking as we walked and before I knew it, we came to a stop outside a patient room. Minsu was standing against a wall with arms crossed over his chest and a short, skinny woman stood a few feet from him with her hands behind her back. Her hair was the color of iced teas and styled in a shoulder length bob. When her eyes landed on Minji and me I heard her take a sharp breath.