Seoreun-Yeodeol (서른여덟)

It was in the early hours of the morning when I woke up, my room dark and quiet, due to the tv having automatically turned off at some point after Jungkook and I fell asleep. I tried to find my phone on the bed but kept touching him in the process, he stirred from my constant hitting and shifted, rolling away from me. After a minute of searching, I gave up and slid out of my bed. I was thirsty so I padded to the kitchen quietly so I wouldn't disturb anyone.

I grabbed a bottle of water from the counter. I like my water room temperature instead of cold, so Yoongi usually leaves a few out just for me. I break the seal on it and take a generous gulp, feeling it hydrate my organs and quench my thirst. I took another, smaller, sip before recapping it and peeking out the kitchen window, it was brighter than I expected for only being a few minutes past 4 am. As I stood there in the still silence, I heard what sounded like someone crying then felt a heavy sadness settle in my chest. The sound of a door opening caused me to look towards the stairs, I heard hushed voices from the top, one was Namjoon.

"I'm really sorry, I was really upset, and everyone started attacking me at the same time. I felt like a trapped animal, so I got defensive and lashed out" It was Jimin, he sniffled after ending his sentence. I crept closer to the staircase but kept myself hidden

"I know Jimin, and I apologize for attacking you, that wasn't right, and we all owe you an apology for that." Even Namjoon's whisper has bass.

"Thank you" he sniffled again "Do you think Ma-ri will be willing to listen to me? I need to apologize and explain but I'm afraid she'll shut me out"

"She will listen. Just explain it to her like you did to me. You, Hobi and Jin know better than anybody else that she's more empathetic than she looks"

"Yeah, you're right. Thank you Joonie"

"Anytime, I love you man and that will never change no matter what. Even if we weren't soulmates, you'd still be a very dear friend to me, this ain't our first fight and it won't be our last" He expressed followed by a chuckle

"I love you too. I'm sorry I woke you up in the middle of the night, but I had to get that off my chest, you know I can't sleep when the peace is disturbed"

"It's alright Jimin, we both needed to clear the air between us. Try to get some sleep anyway"

"Okay" the door to what I assumed was Jimin's room closed softly and Namjoon came down the stairs with almost no noise.

He was startled when he saw me standing near the landing with my bottle of water. I gave him a small smile and looked toward the stairs

"Did you hear?" He whispered, using his thumb to point in the direction he'd just come

"I did" I answered with a nod "Is he ok?"

"Yeah, what about you? You were holed up in your room all day" He grabbed one of the waters and cracked it open

"I'm fine, I just can't talk to him right now and didn't want to risk an awkward interaction. I know he's sorry, I feel it, but it doesn't stop me from still being upset." Joon sat his bottle on the counter and pulled me into a hug.

I folded my hands on his lower back as he rubbed up and down mine. "It's going to be okay. With a soulmate group this big we are bound to have issues, disagreements and fights, it's inevitable but we always make up. It could be a couple of hours, days or even weeks later but you and Jimin will be good again."

"I'm surprised you aren't trying to get me to talk to him" I said, tipping my head back to look up at him. He kissed my nose then my lips

"Of course, I want you two to make up, but I can't and won't force you or him to do it. I refuse to meddle unsolicited, learned that lesson the hard way" A low chuckle rumbled in his chest. I looked at him confused "Jin and Taehyung, I'll tell you another time. Anyway, you and he will do things in your own time, you love each other, and your bond is strong, so I give it a couple of days, max"