SwinNet (쉰넷)

On the fourth day I finally ventured out of my room. I was done with my work and had lounged around more than enough. I needed to get out, breathe in fresh air and feel the sun beaming on my skin. My pink maxi skirt flowed beautifully as I walked around the outside of the hotel. The warbling in my tummy told me to find food before I made any other plans so I leisurely strolled to the restaurant on the resort grounds. Most of the tables were occupied but I spotted a small one near the windows that I wanted so I asked the hostess to seat me there.

I looked over the menu and saw that they offered an American-style breakfast so I ordered it and a glass of cranberry juice. As I was eating I took in the scenery outside, it was a bright, sunny and warm day, the sky was clear and vibrant blue. I thought about what I wanted to do besides shopping and decided to check with the hotel concierge to inquire about the activities and attractions they would recommend. I took my time eating, getting a second breakfast of cold noodle soup, with everything going on I wasn't eating as often as I should and when I did finally have a moment to eat I wasn't eating much fresh or whole foods. I was mostly consuming cup noodles and fast food, my body was thankful for the nutrients. Finishing my meals with a tall glass of water I paid and left, thanking the staff.

Stuffing my wallet back in my bag I bumped into someone because I wasn't looking at where I was walking, "Oh, I'm so sorry!"

"It's fine" a masculine voice said "Are you okay?" I looked up to see a man with dusty brown hair, flawless skin and deep brown eyes looking at me. He wasn't much taller than me but had a long torso

"Yes, I'm okay, thanks" I said with a small bow of my head

"Hey, I know you, well I don't know you know you but I know who you are" his eyes got big from the surprise of seeing me

"Ah, yeah, I guess I should get used to people recognizing me" he chuckled then nodded

"Yeah. You all did hold two huge press conferences that were televised all over the world, everyone knows who you are Ma-ri-ssi. I'm Ma Jiho." He stuck out his hand for me to shake

"Choi Ma-ri, nice to meet you Ma Jiho" I said shaking his hand firmly

"Are your mates with you?" He asked looking around for them

"Not at the moment" I wasn't about to tell this stranger I was here completely alone, I don't know him or his intentions "I have to get going, have a nice day"

"Uh, thanks, you too. Hopefully I'll see you around again" he flashed a million dollar smile that I swear sparkled in the sunlight. He was a very attractive looking man

"Maybe" I said with a shrug. He stepped to the side allowing me to pass by. We waved at one another and went our separate ways.

I was dying.

Not literally but it certainly felt like it. My lungs were struggling and my heart was trying to beat outside my chest. I was sweating profusely and my muscles ached fiercely. Why the hell did I think a hike was a good idea? Oh, yeah because that liar at the front desk said it was a novice level trail. She's dead to me now.

"Hey, are you alright?" The instructor asked as he walked over to check on me. If looks could kill he would have been dead twice. "I'm guessing that look means no?"

"No, I'm having the time of my life, can't you tell from all the sweat" a fake smile flashed making his chuckle

"Have some water" I took his pouch and turned it up filling my cheeks with the cool liquid "We will start our descent in five minutes"

I gave him a thumbs up and leaned against a nearby tree. He went to check on the other hikers in the group. They all looked fine, like they weren't climbing a mountain side, unlike me who looked like I got into a fight with nature and she whooped my ass.