09 : Emotionally dependent.

ˏˋ°•*

"Don't be shy come on."

Namjoon pulled Dayanah inside a store, but of course it wasn't just any store.

Chanel.

"Joon I'm a very simple person I swear I don't need all of that I'm fine with H&M.." She panicked, feeling clearly out of place in the shop.

Somehow, it looked intimidating.

It felt as if everything was screaming 'poor' at her, though Namjoon tried to reassure her as much as he could.

"If you don't pick anything I'll do it for you." He said, making her eyes widen.

"Nam-"

"Excuse-me !" He cut her off, calling a salesperson.

She sighed, tightening her grip on his arm in embarrassment, scared that the nervosity might make her throw up the brunch they just had.

Turns out his fashion taste was on point, picking out a little everything.

Clothes, shoes, accessories and even perfume.

When it came to check out, Dayanah's eyes widened at the sight of the black card.

It was really impressive for someone from the regular work class, and the price the cashier said really made her eyes almost jump out of her skull.

Not less than the equivalent of fifty thousand dollars, if not even more.

Namjoon thanked the cashier and took her bags as they headed out, Dayanah still in her state of shock.

"You okay ? You feel sick ?" Namjoon asked, noticing her state.

"You paid all of that as if it was nothing.." She said in a small voice.

He snorted at her shock, finding it endearing.

"Because it really is nothing for me baby, we can go back in and-"

"No, no I'm fine, I'm good I promise I.. This is already a lot." She cut him off panicking.

"It's alright Daya~" Namjoon teased her, lightly bumping his body against hers. "It's not like it'll hurt my bank account, I can spend a million today and I'll still be fine."

"Let's not go that far.."

"As you wish, just know that you don't have to worry about spending.. Might just give you a card with an allowance."

"Joon I don't need an allowance I can make my own money." She said, panicking.

She felt like Namjoon spent too much on her, when it really wasn't nothing.

Not to someone who worths 729 million US dollars. 

"I know you can but.. Well there's a bank here, let's just get it done." He said, pointing at it.

"It's kind of embarrassing I don't want to depend on you.." She said in a small voice.

"You said you can make your own money so you don't depend on me, it's just a little plus, something to yourself."

"What's the purpose if you're already buying everything for me ?" She asked as they walked into the bank.

He was serious about this.

He turned to her, giving her a small dimpled smile.

"I don't have to know everything you buy, some privacy."

It wasn't long until they got taken care of, and it didn't take much time to set up the account neither.

That part really shocked Dayanah, as a person who was used to insanely long lines at the bank.

Turns out when you have money, it really does come with privileges.

What also really shocked her was that Namjoon was serious about privacy.

Everything was at her name, the card, the account, everything.

Not jointed, all hers.

She just sat in the office as he did everything, making a deposit of not less than half of a million dollars to begin with.

And he precised, to begin with.

Namjoon was slowly pushing her into a lifestyle she never thought she'd have, yet he was doing the most.

He was going crazy.

"You're insane for that Joon.." She said, examining the card before putting it in her wallet.

"Mhm.."

"Thank you.." She turned to him with a small smile.

"Mhm.."

She stood on her tippy toes and gave him a light kiss on the cheek, a small smile forming on his face.

"Mhm.."

"Can you stop saying 'mhm' ?" She said, getting a little nervous.

He turned his head to her, the two big Chanel bags still hanging in his hand as they walked towards the next shop.

If he was being honest, he could only say 'mhm' because Jieun has never expressed this level of gratitude towards him whenever he bought her gifts.

Whereas Dayanah was all embarrassed and shy about it, excited but also scared to look greedy.

He was really into her, and he truly hoped she could sense it, that she knew that it wasn't about feeling lonely anymore but genuinely liking her.

Being around her, surprising her, spoiling her, giving her all his full attention whenever she slightly asked it.

It wasn't physical anymore, he emotionally depended on her.

He wanted to be a boyfriend now, the whole package.

"Because I wonder why you're surprised when it's really only the start."

.

.

🍬SWEET&SOUR PROD.