23 : Sincerely sorry.

ˏˋ°•*

"Fuck.."

Dayanah hissed, looking at her bloody finger before walking towards the bathroom.

She was chopping green onions to put them in her noodles, but she obviously wasn't careful enough.

It has been two weeks since she last saw Namjoon, and honestly, his words just spun in her head.

First she learns that he lied to her about multiple things, then he says that he loves her.

She didn't know what to believe.

A part of her wanted to forgive him, because even if some things he said were fake, the happiness she felt was real.

But her pride refused to let her look like a clown by going back herself to a guy that lied to her.

It's not a lie simple or smal like a catfish, it involved people.

His wife and ex-mistress.

She did miss him, terribly, and felt extremely conflicted.

If she chose to forgive him, she'd feel stupid.

But if she didn't, she'd continuously miss him.

A sigh escaped her lips as she put a band-aid around her finger, still hoping that he was okay.

Namjoon could do the nastiest thing to her, she'd always hope he's okay.

And as if he heard her, her phone started to ring, his contact appearing.

Dayanah gulped, staring at her phone as she debated what she should do or not, at the end deciding that she had nothing else to do, might as well listen to him.

She picked up the phone and brought it to her ear, staying silent.

She could hear his breath on the other side, but she said nothing for a second, feeling her throat swell up.

It felt like her emotions were finally coming out, and now she was hurting.

Being lied to by someone you love never feels nice.

"Hey.."

His voice was deep and raspy, a hint of exhaustion being heard.

He was tired.

Maybe physically, maybe mentally.

Maybe both.

"Hi."

There was another silent and she could hear him shift around, the faint sound of music in the background mixed with the soft one of a car engine.

It took a while before the car sound came to a stop, but she didn't hear the sound of the door.

He just stayed in the car, doing God knows what.

"How are you ?" He asked, sighing.

"Good I guess.. You ?"

A light scoff escaped his lips as he took a deep breath, exhaling loudly.

"Not bad.. Not good neither just.. I'm just here."

She hummed in response, glad that he couldn't hear her cry.

At this rate the noodles were long forgotten, she was laying on her bed, staring at the ceiling.

They talked like strangers.

Fucking strangers.

".. Why did you lie to me ?"