10 : Hardships.

ˏˋ°•*

"Okay so.. What do we tell Baram ?"

Dayanah looked at Namjoon, blinking slowly in confusion.

"Joon it's your son not mine, and chill, it's not like we're dating or something we're.. Is it like being business partners ?" She asked, turning towards him.

Namjoon snorted, shaking his head in disbelief.

"I personally like you, no matter if it's reciprocated or not.. You made me feel better in three days than my wife in eight years."

She stared at him blankly, feeling flustered.

"Then we're business partners with benefits.." She answered, making him snort. "I know it might seem stupid but.. But I'm still scared Joon."

His eyebrows furrowed, heart pounding in nervosity.

What if she leaves him now ?

"Scared of what baby ?"

She sighed, turning her head towards him.

"I don't want to get attached to you only to hear that you're staying with your wife Joon, I understand your motive for staying with her, but I refuse to get hurt because of this."

He lowered his head, looking as his plate as he sighed through his nose.

"I'll do my best okay ? Don't leave me.."

"I know you're doing your best Joon, but I'll have to leave if I get hurt, that's not what I want at all." She warned him.

"I won't hurt you.."

"Namjoon, I hope you know we're in something really messy right now." She sighed, rubbing her forehead.

He stayed silent a moment, studying her face expression.

Her eyes were closed, fingers rubbing her forehead in circles as she seemed pretty tense.

"Do you regret starting this with me ?" He asked, biting his lower lip nervously.

She shook her head, sighing.

"I don't, it's just.. It's kind of stressful."

He leaned on the counter, grabbing her hand from the chopsticks.

"Don't worry about thing that don't worth you worrying.. As for now I like you a lot, and by the time you start liking me too, we'll figure it out okay ? I'll find away to get rid of Jieun and stay with Baram I promise."

He grabbed the chopsticks, grabbing some black bean noodles before feeding them to her, her eyes full of disbelief even though she played along.

"Is it tasty baby ?" He asked, watching her eat fondly.

"Namjoon I'm twenty-five years old.." She answered, covering her mouth as she chewed on her food.

"And I'm twenty-seven, yet-"

"You became a dad at twenty-two ?!" Dayanah cut him off, taken aback.

Namjoon's eyebrows raised in confusion as he thought about the way she didn't even let him finish his sentence.

It wasn't a big deal to him though, he chuckled, continuing to feed her.

"Baram is what we call a happy accident.. One drunken night made all senses of condom forgotten and two months later I have Jieun at the door of my college apartment, crying because she's pregnant and doesn't know what to do.. At this time I was crazy in love with her so I told her we'd pull this off, I told her we'd marry and have that child together.. She said she wanted to go back to school afterwards and get her degree, but well she didn't and chose to be an housewife instead... She's a great mom, I'll give her that." Namjoon reminisced memories, feeding Dayanah like a baby.

She was silent, munching on her food as she looked at him, really liking the way he babies her after all.

"And then you get married, you think everything is fine but it's only the start of your problems.. She wants him to go to this school, I want him to go there, she wants me to be home more often, I can't, she wants that Gucci Prada lifestyle but can't bear seeing me working.. It's complicated." He finished, more talking to himself than he talked to her.

She stayed a moment, looking at him silently.

"And then what happens ?" She asked in a small voice.

Namjoon sighed, freezing a moment as he thought about all of this, wondering how they reached that point.

"Then we drift apart because we can't talk, only argue.. Jieun is always out with friends and I'm always at work, we're trying so hard to find a way to avoid each other.. Even our moments with Baram are seperated.. There isn't anything anymore.. Guess we couldn't make it at the end." He mumbled the last part before sighing softly.

He put the chopsticks down since the bowl was now empty, taking a tissue to wipe the corner of her lips.

"Either ways I have new priorities now.. Baram, Dayanah, Job.. In this order." He said, scrunching the tissue and successfully throwing it into the trash.

She felt herself getting flustered at his words, the way he talked, the way he carried himself.

Namjoon was insanely attractive, she didn't know how much time she had left before she completely throws her last braincells away.

He leaned in and pecked her lip afterwards before standing up, stretching his arms above his head.

"You said your Sunday afternoon is busy, what do you want to do tomorrow morning ?" He asked, completely changing the topic.

"Nothing special, I just want to stay in bed and do nothing." She answered, trying to brush off her flustered state.

He hummed in response, throwing away the plastic takeout plates before turning back to her.

"What's with those eyes ?" He asked, slightly chuckling.

"Nothing, it's just.. You've been through some shit." She said, looking away from him.

Namjoon chuckled, leaning against the counter in front of her.

"As if you haven't, everyone has their hardships at some point.. I won't force you to tell me yours, but know that you're not alone either ways."

She hummed, pulling out her phone but Namjoon put it back down on the counter, making her lift her eyes to look at him.

"I.. We probably won't see each other this week aside from when I pick up Baram so.. Can we.. You know.."

He didn't want to make it sound like it was the only thing he wanted from her, but he did want it and he wanted to let her know.

She stayed silent a moment before gasping, her eyes wide opened.

"The pill, the pill Joon, we forgot the pill !" She practically screamed, hitting his arm frantically.

Namjoon's eyes also widened as he quickly grabbed his keys, yanking her by the arm out of the house, leaving her completely surprised.

"Fuck !"

.

.

🍬SWEET&SOUR PROD.