21 : Maybe we're done.

ˏˋ°•*

"Hel-"

"Sit down we need to talk."

Namjoon raised his eyebrows, sighing as he loosened his tie.

Dayanah was sitting on the couch, sipping on iced tea as her eyes threw daggers at him.

She thought about what Jieun said all day, and if these people have divorced and moved on, why would she lie ?

There was no need to.

"What's wrong ?" He sighed, sitting on the couch and taking off his glasses to massage the bridge of his nose.

"How long were you married to Jieun ?"

The question obviously took him aback, but also kind of reassured him as he thought it was just that.

"Five years, why ?"

"Have you always been faithful ?"

"Well obviously not, what's your-"

"Before we even started all of this, have you always been faithful ?" She cut him off.

Namjoon stayed silent, staring at her.

He was internally debating whether he should say the truth or not.

Telling her that he lied to her about his faithfulness all along.

What would she think ?

"Yeah."

An audible gasp escaped Dayanah's lips, taking Namjoon aback.

"I can't believe that you're lying to my face."

"What-"

"Jieun called me this morning, we met up, she told me.. You've been lying to me, how can you dismiss a person that took their own life for you ?!"

She was now angered.

Namjoon's behavior was more than upsetting, and she was now starting to doubt everything he said.

"Jieun did what ?"

"Yeah you know, that person you described as bitchy and self-centered when in reality she's not that bad ?" She answered.

"I was planning to tell you !"

"And you couldn't tell me before ?"

"Because it's not the same with you ! I wanted to take my time, I wasn't ready ! It's not easy to talk about someone you killed !" He argued.

"It's not even about her tragic ending, you could've just told me you cheated in the past ! Just that would've been enough !"

He sighed, standing up as he stretched his neck.

"I don't want to argue with you right now."

She stood up, following him.

"But I want to argue with you ! You told me she forced you to stay when you blackmailed her !"

"She wanted to leave with my son what was I supposed to do ?"

"Discuss it ? Try to have a conversation ? You people were married for fuck's sake, you two have a child, there are sometimes when you need to sit down and act like a fucking adults, the opposite of what you're doing right now !"

He turned around with a scoff, unbuckling his belt.

"And what do you know about that ? Have you ever been married and then fell out of love ?"

"I'm a rational person with a brain, I think that's enough."

Namjoon took a deep breath, an exhausted chuckle leaving his lips.

"Now that you know then what ? You're gonna leave ? You're gonna leave me Dayanah ?"

"I might as well."

A panicked look formed on his face, hidden by his hands wiping it.

"I was scared ! I was scared that you'd find out and then leave, and that's exactly what's happening !"

"I would've stayed because I fucking like you ! I would've stayed if you didn't lie to paint yourself as a victim !"

He took a deep breath, leaning on the wall in the walk-in closet, looking at her.

"So this is the end ? This is how it ends ?"

'I fucked up again..'

She stayed silent, staring back at him.

"I don't know what to tell you anymore Dayanah, Jieun told you and you're disappointed in me, I obviously can't talk myself out of this, so now what ? We're back to being strangers ?"

She took a deep breath, thinking to herself.

"If you give me another chance I promise I won't lie to you ever again, and I'll tell you again that the reason why I did what I did was a hundred percent because I really wanted you, I didn't want to be rejected.. Love makes you do the dumbest things I guess."

"Love ?" She repeated, raising a brow.

"Yeah, I don't say it to make it look like anything but if it's really the end, I might as well just tell you that I love you." He said, looking at the floor. "Thank you for the time you gave me."

The room fell silent after this, the rollercoaster of emotions being too much.

She sighed, turning around.

"I need time to process this."

"How much ? Are we over ?" He questioned, anxious.

Dayanah took a deep breath, looking at him with an emotionless look on his face.

It was all too much, she felt so overwhelmed that she ended up being numb.

"I don't know, Namjoon."

.

.

🍬SWEET&SOUR PROD.