Finale : Safety net.

ˏˋ°•*

After that, everything changed.

The whole relationship dynamic changed.

Sure they were the same people, in the same situation, but in their sadness they stuck with each other.

It took a couple of days for the emotions to die down, but now it was over them.

Not completely, they'll never forget about it, but at least they were able to go back to their normal lives.

After all it was for the best.

Namjoon started working again and either ways, Dayanah was getting ready to get back to work too, the holidays soon over, meaning she'll be back to teaching.

Her schedule was light this year, as she changed the grade she'll be teaching, so she'll only work on afternoons.

Pre-school was fun, but too much work.

It was the morning, she was organizing her classes for the year, music in the background cut off by the sound of her phone ringing.

She picked up, putting it on her shoulder to keep on doing what she needed to do.

"Hello ?"

"Hey Daya' can you do me a favor ?" Namjoon said, sounding quite embarrassed.

She sighed, leaning back in her chair.

"Depends."

"Something came up with work so I can't go pick up Baram, can you please do it ? It won't be long, maybe two hours."

"And you can't pick him up after ?"

"Jieun had already planned something.. Sorry to ask you this."

She sighed, holding her nose bridge.

"So I'm a step-mom now ?" She asked, making him let out a small chuckle.

"Yes, a hot one with that.. No but seriously, please, I'm really stuck here and we don't have family in Seoul, I promise I won't ever take you aback like that again."

She let out another soft sigh, looking at the clock.

"Alright alright, it's only for two hours right ?"

"Yeah I'll make it as fast as I can, I'll text you the address thank you baby !"

"Mh.."

He hung up quickly, making her sigh as she stood up, grabbing her car keys.

She gave herself a look as she walked in front of the mirror at the front door, judging that her hoodie and biker shorts were more than enough just to pick up Baram and then left the house, putting Jieun's house location in her GPS.

She arrived there without much problems, ringing the doorbell, quite embarrassed.

Jieun opened it soon enough, clearly in a hurry, hair already done and putting her earrings on.

"Hello.. I'm so-"

"Don't worry Namjoon told me, Baram-ah come here it's time to leave." Jieun cut her off, showing that she was indeed in a rush.

Small steps of running were heard and Baram soon appeared, letting out a gasp of surprise.

"Dayanah !"

That kind of took her aback, never hearing her name roll off the little boy's tongue.

She gave him a gentle smile, waving.