14 : Too good.

ˏˋ°•*

"I'll beat him up just wait."

Dayanah sighed, eating her ice cream without great appetite.

"Like two weeks ? Two weeks without news after he told you that you should travel during vacation ? Who does that ?" Hwasa continued.

Dayanah shrugged, watching children play at the park.

It was a particularly hot summer day, and Dayanah was bored at home since it was now holidays.

She had no news from Namjoon in two weeks, and she felt grandly upset about it.

At first she was worried, but now she was angry.

In the last week of school, it wasn't even Namjoon nor Jieun who picked Baram up from school but his grandmother, who was already on the list of the people allowed to pick him up.

She wasn't going to ask Baram what was going on because she didn't want to get him all mixed up in this, his parents' problems had nothing to do with him.

"I mean at least I don't feel used, made his pockets hurt quite a bit." Dayanah answered, licking her ice cream.

"Still this is not okay, this man promised you the moon and-"

"No I'm okay really, I guess he made up with his wife and they're gone somewhere in the Bahamas, I don't know and I don't care neither, good for him." She cut her friend off.

Dayanah was clearly upset but she didn't want to admit it to herself.

She preferred seeing it as something that was good while it lasted, now she had to move on.

"Damn.. How are you not salty about it ?"

"Because it was expected, messing with a married man is accepting that in a sense, you're like alcohol.. Get them drunk and making them feel good, taking the stress of their daily lives away.. But when they're sober, they get back to work and won't touch you." Dayanah answered. "He was nice, a great fuck, but if it stops there then so be it, I won't cry about it."

"What a strong inspirational woman.." Hwasa mumbled, looking at Dayanah who laughed at that, nudging her shoulder.

"I knew what I was getting into, so.. Though I'm kind of disappointed, I'm not really surprised."

"Mh.."

They hung out for a little bit more before parting ways, night starting to fall.

Dayanah was an indoors person, and though Korea was quite safe for women at night, she still prefered being at home under a blanket at that time.

So that's exactly what she did, watching a Netflix series on her bed, head buried in her pillow, though her mind wandered.

She couldn't help but worry about Namjoon's well-being.

He was clear about the fact that his marriage was broken and that there was no way back, what could've possibly happened in three days that made him do a complete 180 ?

She sighed, tossing around and staring at the ceiling, thinking about the last time she saw him.

Just here, in her bedroom, holding her close and looking at her with so much appreciation in his eyes.

Unconsciently, her arm wrapped around her own waist, like he would do.

She kind of expected this happen, but it still stinged to just see him leaving without a text, a call, or just telling her he decided to try again with his wife.

But it was life.

And maybe he was just too good to be true.

.

.

(A/N)

short short short

🍬SWEET&SOUR PROD.