Intro

•••

Second POV

Waking up in the morning was one of the worst things ever. The sun would always be directly in your eye and your brain would process slowly. So when you woke up to your brother, Huey, telling you that you was moving to Tokyo, you thought you was tripping.

Like it didn't make any sense at all, not until he explained the whole thing. Apparently it was brought out to his attention that Japan was not only a safe place, but it was a cheap one too. Your big brother was smart, so you completely trusted his decision.

He only wanted what was best for you. To get you and your twin brother, Riley, out the hood and keep y'all safe. Riley already thought he was a hardcore gangster. He had you do cornrows for him and everything. Huey always had to humble him and you help... sometimes.

You and Riley watched hood movies all the time. Y'all would play fight and just act stupid together. You were never really bullied because you could defend yourself. Your brothers made sure you knew how to fight. Huey was 19, the oldest out of y'all. While you and Riley were twins, y'all were both 17.

You were actually glad to be leaving America, but their was a slight downside. Packing up your junk and then unpacking. You hated the process, but you thought about the reward. Your motivation was trying out different Japanese foods. That's what kept you going.

Most people would probably worry about not speaking Japanese properly. But your older brother was basically fluent by the time he was 10 and wasted no time to teach you things. So now as an 17 year old, it was basically a second language.

"You got all to stuff together, N/n?" Huey asked, picking through his huge Afro.

"Yeah, can you help me take these to the van?" You asked for help.

Your POV

"Yeah, I got you." He said grabbing three of my suitcases. I grabbed the other two and started walking out my room.

Packing my stuff made me go through everything. If it was too small or I didn't want it anymore, I threw it out. Well I tried to throw it out, but Huey said I should donate it. Which I did because why not.

When we got to Japan, I would probably look for a good after school job. Once I save up on money, I'll buy a whole new wardrobe. Or at least half of it, Huey would probably say something like, "save some for college or as an emergency fund." It gets annoying sometimes, but I really do love him.

As I dragged my bags to the front door, I saw Riley sitting on the floor in his empty room. To be honest the whole house was empty now, since we had our stuff moved to our new house first. By the time we get to Japan, all of our things should be there too. We were only bringing our clothes, shoes, and other needs with us in these suitcases.

Anyways, I stopped to see what he was doing. He was tryna stuff something into his suitcase. He was really struggling too. I took my last two suitcases to the van and came back to him still struggling.

"Riley," I called him. He stopped and turn to me.

"What chu want?" He asked, frustrated.

"I'm tryna figure out why you packing up at the last minute." I said crossing my arms.

"Mannnnn, I'm tryna sneak some snacks because if they try to make me eat some nasty old peanuts, imma shoot a bitch." He told me.

"You don't have to try to stuff it in there. I can just put it in my mini backpack. They probably won't really care because it basically a purse. Plus ion think we have to 'sneak' snacks." I said quoting him.