#19

•••

Your POV

"Yes, Manjiro. I have to go." I rolled my eyes for the 10th time.

"But for an entire week. I can't be away from you that long." He was on my bed whining, while I packed my bag.

"You did it easily before you met." I said, folding a few shirts.

"Don't even start that. Your the one that's always 'once you go black, you can't go back.' And me personally, I don't wanna go back." He quoted me.

"I- Manjiro. Thanksgiving is the biggest holiday in our family. It the only time that the whole family comes together. We don't even celebrate Christmas this big." I tried to reason with him.

"I understand. But thanksgiving is a one day thing. I just don't see why you're gonna be gone for a whole week." He had now entered a pouting state.

"The only available plane tickets closest to thanksgiving with the airline we fly with were for Monday afternoon. And since thanksgiving isn't til next Saturday we'll have to leave the Sunday after."

He puffed and I finished packing. The room was quiet for a moment. Only thing that could be heard was the sound of me zipping up my suitcase. I turned my head over to look at Mikey, only to find him already staring at me.

"Come here." He commanded.

My breath hitched. Something about his eyes seemed different. Something new was lingering there. I stood up and walked over to the bed, feeling his eyes follow me. The newfound silence making me a bit nervous, but I was able to push through.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" I mumbled.

I stood between his legs. His hands rested on my waist and his head tilted to look up at me. He glanced at something behind me.

"6:54pm... what time are your brothers coming back?" He questioned, looking back to me.

"They were going to Konosu to pick up some last minute delivery for Shinichiro. They should be back by 10 or so." I thought out loud.

His face lifted up into a lopsided smirk. "So I have a couple of hours to convince you to stay."

I felt my a wave of heat travel through my whole body as I realized what he had meant. "Listen, Manjiro. I don't know what kinda shit you on, but we can't do this." I put my hand on his chest.

His smirk only grew bigger as he took a hold of my wrist and brought it up to kiss. Then he pulled me down so I straddled his lap. Manjiro then placed his hand behind my neck and leaned into kiss me.

I didn't refuse. I let Mikey have his way with me. He slowed the kiss, slipping his tongue into my mouth. His free hand resting on my thigh.

My hands wrapped around his shoulders. He pulled away from my lips and started to kiss on my neck. Slowly sucking and peppering with kisses. I let out a soft moan.

He then placed both of his hands on my ass, groping and squeezing. Then returned back to my lips. After a couple of minutes of the intense make out, we pulled away from each other, panting.

I rested my forehead on his. As I tried to catch my breath, I noticed him looking at me once again. This time was different. It was as if he was waiting for me to say or do something.

"I can't stay.... but you might be able to come with me." I suggested, a smile appearing on his face.

"I'll find a way to get there. Love you, babe." He placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Mhm, I love you too." I rolled my eyes and rested my face in the crook of his neck. His arms hugged me tight. We sat in each other's comfort for a few more moments.

After that, Mikey pulled me back onto the bed and laid us down. We curled up in each other's arms on top of my pillows. I could feel him breathing, deeply and calmly.

"Hey... y/n. Can I talk to you about something?" He asked.

"Talk to me about anything." I said.

"I... never mind. I thought it would be easy to say this but it isn't." He sighed out in aggravation.

I pulled myself away from and sat up on my elbow, he did the same. "Manjiro, don't ever feel like you can't tell me something. I'm your girl and you my man. We like this." I crossed my middle and ring finger. "Nothing you say can make me hate you or love you any less... for too long."

He raised an eyebrow at me, "what do you mean for too long?"

"Well if you say some shit like, you secretly a furry or you romantically into animals. That shit won't slide with me." I said with a playful seriousness.

He chuckled a bit, "I feel like I'm not in a mentally sane place. Like something dark is building up inside of me. It's gonna snap at the next inconvenience and I won't be able to control myself."

I paused before answering. This was not what I was expecting. But I'm glad he found comfort in me. "Then we'll have to let it out, won't we?"

He looked into my eyes confused. "Don't think about it too much right now. But I promise we'll figure this out. The first step to healing is admitting that you have a problem."

He smiled a little and then jumped out the bed. "You know, I really like having you around." I smiled at him. "But now I gotta go figure out how imma get to America. I don't even speak English. I'll probably have to fly a different airline, pack like 20 different outfits. How much money do I bring? Do I need to pack-"

"Calm down, Mikey. You don't need 20 outfits for one week. Maybe like 10. And just bring stuff you need, like a toothbrush, toothpaste, underwear, soap. We're gonna be stay at a hotel, so you can just room with me or Riley. Huey might not let you sleep with me." He chuckled.

"As for money, we're not really going anywhere expensive. We probably won't spend money at all once we get there. Our family will feed us and everything, the hotel has stuff for us to do. So just bring however much you want."

He stood silent for a moment, "I'll just get Emma and Shin to help me. But when I'm done I'll FaceTime you."

"Ok then, let me walk you out."

•••

I've decided to post on every Friday of December. I will be ending the story this month.