#17 pt. 2

Present

•••

Your pov

Me and Takemichi have been wondering around the mall for about an hour now. Only buying a few things. I helped him pick out a necklace for Hina and he helped me find some more shoes for Mikey. It's been a very productive trip. I decided that now would be the perfect time to ask him about the dream.

"You know Takemichi, I'm actually glad that we have this time alone together." I said as me and Takemichi walked through the mall together.

His face turned red, "H-huh!"

"Yeah, it gives me time to ask you about something." I stopped walking and turned to him.

"W-what did you want to ask me?" He nervously asked.

"Well, I kinda... I sorta... this is so hard to say." I groaned and rubbed a hand over my face.

"Wanna sit and talk?" He offered.

"Yeah." I agreed. Takemichi led me to a bench and both took a seat.

"So what's this ab-"

"I seen myself die in a dream." I interrupted. "But like, before my world went black your face flashed in front of me. If that makes sense..." I drifted off.

Takemichi was quiet. His head tilted slightly in confusion and he seemed to think about something. Then his expression turned dark and serious.

"Were you shot?" He asked. "Were you shot by a man with glasses after a failed proposal?"

"I- yeah. How'd you know?"

He ran a hand threw his hair, letting out a sigh. "Kisaki Tetta fired a shot at Y/n Freeman December 14, 2017. Resulting in her death. He walked away free of charge after blaming such crimes on me." Takemichi recited as if it was kind of script.

"What are you talking about?" I asked him, trying to piece together what he meant.

"That dream you had was actually a memory. One that you shouldn't even have." I stayed silent to let him continue. "In another timeline, that's how you die. I'm doing everything I can to save you. Not even just you, but everyone. I'm glad you told me this, gives me something else to work with."

"So, your saying that I'm going to be killed by that wannabe blonde bastard?" I slowly grew angry.

"We'll have to see." He sighed.

"How do I know that you're even telling the truth?" I argued.

"Let's just say.. that I can see the future and alter things. You're going to have to trust me." He suggested.

I nodded my head and sighed, indicating the end of the conversation. We sat in silence for another moment, when all of a sudden we heard this agitating, graving voice.

"Y/n, is that you?" It came from behind us.

I turned my head around. "Hey, Ran."

"Who's this?" He pointed to Takemichi.

"A friend. You need something?" I pushed.

"Not really. Just thought I would some say hi. I haven't see you since the towel thing." He winked.

Takemichi looked between the two of us and abruptly stood. "I should go. I wanna give Hina the necklace tonight."

"Ok, good luck." I waved him of.

"Oh and I promise that I'll look into your situation." He bowed slightly and ran off.

I stood up and put a hand on my hip. "Happy now, Ran? You scared off my friend."

He shrugged his shoulders. "Your friend looks like a pussy. I wouldn't even wanna be seen in public with him."

"Cool, good for you." I mumbled and turned to walk away.

"Woah, woah. Leaving so soon." He grabbed onto my wrist and pulled me back.

"You need something nigga?" I snapped.

"I see that you're still mad from last time, so I guess I'll have to make it up to you." He smirked.

"Yeah, I guess you will. But my boyfriend wouldn't like me hangin with you, so duces." I held up the peace sign and tried to leave again.

"I'll buy you lunch. Whatever you want." He offered.

I froze and turned back to him. "Free food. My one and only weakness." His smirk grew.

•••

"You know, you're making yourself look kinda desperate." I blurted out, before taking a bite out of my Tonkatsu. Which is a basically fried pork with cabbage and rice on the side.

"Maybe I am desperate." He picked up one of his Takoyaki balls, biting into it.

"Desperate for what exactly though?" I tried to look for reason behind his actions.

"To be around you more, of course. You interest me." He insisted.

"Right, and this has nothing to do with the fact that I'm dating Mikey?" I glanced into his eyes.

His smirk grew, "you're asking questions that you already knew the answer to. I told you that I wanted to piss Mikey off." He started to play with the knife on the table.

"Why? What can you gain from it?"

"Entertainment." He gave me his short, one worded answer.

"Oh, so you one of those." I mumbled to myself.

"How about we talk about the fact that you haven't texted me yet." He changed the subject.

"Why would I text the guy that basically harassed me?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Ouch. Harassed is a strong word." He playfully winced.

"But it's the perfect word to describe the situation." I threw a bit of my food at his face.

"That was childish." He wiped his face.

"So?" I rolled my eyes. "I'm not a forgive and forget type of person. I'm more of a get even and dance on your grave type."

"And here I was thinking that we could've been friends with benefits." He teased.

"Benefits? Nigga, please. Your lucky that you even get to be in my presence because if my brothers or Mikey find out about what you did..." I paused and let out chilling laugh. His smirk faltered.

"But anyways I gotta go." I stood and collected my things. "You got the bill right? Of course you do." I didn't give him a chance to answer.

"Byeee, Ran. Have a nice day.. or don't. I really don't care." I waved with a fake smile. Running out the restaurant before he could follow.

•••

Next chapter will be longer