#11

•••

Your pov

"Y/nnnnnnn, why are we here?" Mikey whined.

"Because you need some new shoes." I picked up a pair of black Nikes.

"Says who?"

"Says me, that fight at the festival had me cringing. I know yo toes crying for help." I went to a bench. "Come try these on." I motioned.

He pouted, "if I try these on can we go straight to the arcade without stops?"

"Yes, Manjiro." I rolled my eyes.

He smiled, sitting down. He put on the shoes and walked down the aisle in them. Then he turned to me for my input.

"They look good on you. What do you think?" I asked.

"That I rather keep wearing my flip flops."

"Bye." I got up and pretended to leave.

"No, no- wait." He pulled me into him.

"I like 'em, ok." He confessed.

"Good, let's go to checkout." I kissed his check.

He put the shoes back in the box. We walked up the counter together and bought the shoes. Then Mikey grabbed my hand and led me to the arcade.

I looked up to him. Mikey had a big, childish smile on his face. It made my heart melt at the sight of him.

We stepped through the doors of the arcade, instantly hit with the smell of junk food and sweat. I watched the kids run around to different games, looking for one to play first.

"Imma go buy us a play card. Wait for me here." Mikey said and made his way to a machine type thing.

When Mikey finally came back, we went around to look for games with super high scores. We tried to break them, but only ended up breaking like two.

We played basketball against each other, which was a close game that I won. Then we played air hockey, which I lost.

"Mikeyyyyyy, you cheated. On god bruh. Ain't no way." I whined.

"How could I cheat, y/n?" He asked.

"I don't know, you probably got a shot when I wasn't lookin." I shrugged.

"With your hyper focused ass? Not likely." He laughed.

"Stop laughing before I hit you." I rolled my eyes.

We then moved on to a claw machine, that was rigged. After losing a bunch at the claw machine, we played space invaders. He beat me at that too. Next was a few rounds of fruit ninja on the big oversized screens. I easily won that, along with Pac Man. Mikey started to get a little fussy, kinda like a baby in heat.

"Y/n, I'm tired of losing. Oh wait, how about I get us some ice cream from next door?" He suggested.

"You just tryna find a reason not to play against me no more." I put my hand on my hip.

"Or I genuinely want some ice cream..." he trailed off.

"Fine, I want cookies and cream." I waved him off.

He smiled brightly, "yes ma'am." Then he started off towards the exit.

I started to look for some more interesting 2 player games. Knowing my competitive side, I'll want to beat Mikey's ass a little more before we head home. I stopped in front of a multiplayer race game. It was four big seats spaced out with steering wheels, gas pedals, and bright screens.