Chapter 32

Ananya Prasad

I am slowly getting used to be in the same house with him. We both developed a routine. We will go to the hospital together, I will get down near the hospital so that no one sees us and then he will pick me up where he dropped me and we will come home together.

Then I would spend some time with dadu and his family, where as  he will go to  his father’s study to work on the hospital administration. It's almost become a ritual for us to study together before sleeping.

He gets me coffee sometimes when we are studying. I don’t know how to tell him that i don’t drink coffee. I mean I thought that was a one time thing. I never even in my wildest dreams imagined that I will marry him. Now I lost the timing and I am stuck with coffee for an year. I can't even throw it now since he will be sitting in front of me.

Sharanya is still MIA. Her mobile is still switched off. I don’t know what will happen when she comes back. I am scared to even think about it.

Sometimes I feel like i am cheating her by staying with him in his house. He seems fine with it.

Did he forget her so easily?

Or is he just suffering alone?

I know everyone says that it is her decision to leave and to not worry. But I can’t help wondering  what will happen in the future.

My thoughts were interrupted by Sid. Me, Sid, Karthik and Arjun sir are all in the apartment since we both have back to back surgeries, we came to freshen up and to get a short nap only to see Sid and Karthik here. Those two are practically living in the apartment since we both are not here.

So now I am talking with Sid in the living room. He and Karthik went to the kitchen to get something to drink.

“So?” Sid started as soon as they left.

I know what he is asking. He is worse than neighbourhood aunties.

“So what?” i countered him.

He gave me a look.

“What is there to say. You know how i feel about this. We are getting along fine. No fights.  I can even say that we became friends” i told him.

“That’s it? Friends?” he asked me.

“Sid, don’t irritate  me. You know this relationship has no future. This is the maximum point we can reach in this relation. Please don’t make it awkward between us. We both have to work together.” I told him seriously.

Just then they both entered the living room holding coffee.

Yes. I still didn’t told him that i don’t drink coffee.

Karthik gave a cup to Sid while Arjun sir gave to me. Sid looked at me as if i spouted two heads.

“Since when do you drink coffee?” he asked me before i can sign him to  shut up.

“You don’t drink coffee?” Arjun sir asked me surprisingly.

I opened my mouth to answer but Sid beat me to it.

“She hates coffee, tea and milk. She is buttermilk batch"

I never wanted to kill him this much.

“You never told me" Arjun sir told me with a small voice.

“Sir...I-"

“Sir....you call him sir?” this time  it is Karthik.

Uff....what do i do with these two idiots?

“You both are married. Stop calling him sir. What will your children think if their mom called their dad sir?” Karthik continued.