Chapter 45

Ananya Prasad

It's been three days since we both moved back to the apartment. Arjun and I decided to wait for some days before going to talk with Sharanya.

Srikanth called me today morning and informed me that Sharanya asked him to tell her everything and after listening, she simply packed all her belongings and left the house announcing to my parents that she is moving out. I tried to call her too. She is not lifting my calls at all.

Today is a week off for both of us. I was not feeling well. I had indigestion and did vomiting a couple of times. So Arjun is not letting me come out of my bedroom. He said that he will do all the cooking today. So, here I am lying on the bed and watching friends.

The door opened after some time and Arjun came inside with a tray and walked, scratch that, tiptoed. He was balancing the tray as if his life depended on it. I chuckled seeing that. He seemed like a girl bringing tea in an arranged marriage setting when the groom's side came to see her for the first time.

He then carefully lowered the tray onto the side table and then laid on my bed with a sigh.

"What was that?" I asked him.

"Buttermilk for you. Your second favorite drink. Helps with indigestion. I even added ginger in it", he said proudly and gave it to me.

When I opened the lid of the cup, it does not seem like buttermilk. There are bits of oil floating in it and also there are some chunks along with some ginger pieces that I could not identify.

"Can I drink this?" I asked him suspiciously.

"I don't know. I made it with my best knowledge."

"Did you see any youtube video before making it?", I asked him.

"No. how complicated it can be? It's just buttermilk", he shrugged.

"I think my indigestion will increase after drinking this", I told him.

"Now you are exaggerating. It's not that bad. Drink up", he encouraged me.

"You know what? Tell me how you made it. I will decide whether to drink or not", I kept the cup back on the tray.

He scoffed at that.

"Fine. I took milk and added butter and garlic. Now drink", he huffed at me.

That did it.

I started laughing uncontrollably.

He looked at me as if I sprouted another head.

"Okay. Prank done. Now stop it Anu", he pouted and glared at me.

"Why did you do that? That's not how you make buttermilk", I told him while laughing my ass off.

"Oh. Should I have melted the butter then?" he asked innocently.

I fell off my bed laughing.

"This is becoming a dumb and dumber version of yourself", I coughed while laughing.

"You use curd/yogurt to make buttermilk", I explained through my laughter.

"What?" he seemed shocked and opened his phone and checked the internet.

After two minutes:

"Then why the hell they named it buttermilk if it doesn't have any milk?" saying that he left the room.

Needless to say, I was laughing the whole day. He was sulking the whole day.

***********

I always thought I am a person who can control myself. But, I am wrong.